“Great experience”
Review of Essence - CLOSED

Essence
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Essence restaurant is based on a high quality food prepared only from fresh ingredients according to original recipes. The meals are simple and just based on used foodstatuffs and ingredients. Selection of high quality wines, friendly and nice atmosphere, helpful and well-informed service are the basic characteristics. We prepare for you birthday party, corporate party, wedding or graduation in buffet or served meals style. Essence restaurant is located just 10 minutes from downtown and it is very easy to get there. We believe that you enjoy not only fabulous food but also relaxing atmosphere in which you want to return. We look forward to your visit!
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

So I needed a nice place for a little family celebration. Based on reviews here i decided to try the Essence restaurant. I have made reservation calls for restaurants many times, but none other call made me look forward to visiting the place as much as this one. I was able to speak with the chef, customize our menu and everyone was just right mix of friendly and professional.
It was really an excelent experience. The food and the service once we arrived was just flawless. I can higly reccomend the degustation menu, each course lets you try something new and it doesnt cost too much by international standards (about 15EUR/400CZK per person, 4 courses). Definitely the best food in the area.

• Greek first
Austin
“Don't miss this one!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Yes, this is a bit off the tourist trail, and HIGHLY worth it. The beet caprese salad, pumpkin apple soup and the shrimp/chutney appetizers were outstanding. We enjoyed the chicken/risotto, flank steak/potato and tagtiatelle mushroom pasta for dinner. Oh my - everything was exquisite. For dessert we shared chocolate fondant w/ fruit. We've been here a week and it was absolutely the best dinner we have had. About $25/pp. Enjoy!

1 Thank HBKGLF
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Second time even better”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having visited Essence first on my own last summer, this time I had my boss with me. Like me he enjoys good food and cooking and wanted to eat a high quality meal whilst in Prague on business. He was not disappointed! Our 3 course meal was outstanding. Highlights were the butterfly prawn starter in coconut milk with pickled pineapple and ballatine of chicken with risotto. The Czech white wine ("Green") was very good, so good we had a couple of extra glasses as well as the bottle. Service (as before) was charming and helpful. Best of all for us visitors from the UK was the cost of the meal - around £55 for two. Although it is some way from the tourist centre I do recommend that you walk or hop into a taxi or tram and make your way to this "essence-ial" eatery!!

Prague, Czech Republic
“Perfect place for a special occasions”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had a great evening with amazing food. Sevice was very nice and attentive. I have to appreciate the atmosphere and attitude of all the staff. Recommend to all who are looking for a place where will be well taken care of

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank MichalPurnoch
Egy
“Perfectly amazing food, but took so long”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We visited essence as a family, the food was amazing and cooked to perfection however took us so pong to get our food!
But it one of those places where u get amazing food with reasonable prices