“WOW”

Trattoria Mercato
Ranked #2,604 of 5,706 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Trattoria Mercatto represents the authentic Italian cuisine and is one of the so-called Trattorie Nuova, in which traditional Italian cuisine combines with the modern design and style of serving of prepared dishes. The emphasis is put on the fresh Italian ingredients and traditional recipes as for our homemade desserts and fresh fish but also for the genuine pizza Napolitana. All dishes are prepared under the supervision of our chef Roberto Strazzullo, who due to his personal relations with our food suppliers can guarantee the highest quality of the products. The Mercatto trattoria gives you a chance to make an experience in gourmet cousine, tasting true and authentic Italian cuisine in a very pleasant environment not far away from the heart of the city.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was in Prague last weekend with my wife and had heard of this restaurant from a freind so we decided to have dinner on Saturday. Having lived in Prague for nearly a year a few years back, I was a bit skeptical hearing so many good things about it. I was also told that new management had taken over and had redone the whole thing so we went. So my opinion? WOW. I have visited a lot of restaurants in a lot of cities in the world and what I can say is that this was the best dinner I have ever had. My wife agrees with me. The service was inpecable but the food was out of this world. From the entrees to dinner to desert. I cannot put it into words how good it was. I never thought that I would visit the perfect restaurant but I did. That makes me a little sad knowing that I will never go to another restaurant as good. I dont just recommend this restaurant, I believe that if you dont visit this restaurant when your in Prague, than dont go to Prague. Amazing...

Trattoria_Mercato, Owner at Trattoria Mercato, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Your review and rating about us just makes us blush! Thank you so much to share this on Tripadvisor and for the motivation my team is getting by it!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Local friends of mine gave me the tip to go to Mercato, otherwise I would not have found it as it is not in the touristic city center. The restaurant is located in Holesovice, Prague 7 but taking a taxi to get there is really worth it. Apart from the very tasteful interior, the cuisine is remarkable. When I was there the waiter suggested a kind of surprise menu with different elements, different tastes and different looks. I have been in many restaurants all over the world but the quality, the originality and the perfection of the food that was presented was really unique. It is an italian cuisine that even the Italians will not often see in their country. Amazing! So if you are in Prague, do not spend too much money on touristic restaurant places but enjoy a meal at Mercato!

3  Thank ludo_swinnen

It is a pleasure to read your review as it points out the Insider Tip we still are in Prague. Thank you as well for the great rating!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were there this week. The staff was very friendly (Italian type, smiling, helpful). The food was really excellent, both the main course and the dessert. They have not only the regular/customery Italian dishes but also many creative ones which I haven't eaten somewhere else. Spoke to the chef at the end, he is Italian and seems to be very experienced. I can only recommend.

2  Thank Lorand H

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We visited restaurant this week with our friends. We let selection on headwaiter and we didn´t regret. One meal better than the other. Absolutely incredible, fantastic culinary experience...!!! We recommend to all lovers of good foods and drinks.
PS carpaccio from octopus is divine ;-)

2  Thank Pavel73

We hope to exceed your expectations even the next time;-) Thank you so much for your review and rating!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Located in the Holesovice Market, this italian restaurant is definitely one of the best of what Prague has to offer. The menu focuses on meat lovers, but vegetarians won´t feel left out either. I strongly recommend their pizza - based on a traditional italian recipe, made with 120y old sourdough - as authentic as it can get.
Had the luck to dine there on a few occasions and even chat with the head chef, a friendly Italian, who has worked in a michelin star restaurant before. He creates dishes strongly influenced by classic rural italian cuisine, adding a fresh touch which results in a masterpiece on the plate.
They offer a fine selection of wines as well. Do not hesitate to ask the stuff, they are professionals, knowledgeable about the most flattering pairings to dishes.
Their homemade desserts are worth the praise too, especially the ice creams.
The place is kid- friendly, offering a child´s playing corner and various meals for kids.

Overall, Mercato offers a fabulous dining experience. Definitely a must-go.

Thank you very much for these compliments and hope we can welcome you soon again!