“Service was a wonderful smile...food ok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Modry zub

Restaurant Modry zub
Ranked #298 of 5,316 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Prague, Czech Republic
“Service was a wonderful smile...food ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The restaurant atmosphere is really calm and soothing, the service was really lovely; the waitress (did not see her name) was so friendly and helpful. The food was ok, but my noodles were a bit dry and bundled together. The Tom Kai Kung soup was great, the green curry was delicious but everything could have had more cooked spice rather than just adding of chilies.

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“good food for a cheap price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The waiter is really nice and know how to speak english..except for the waitress she's rude..the food is great specially the pad thai..cocktail drinks are really good too..the place was so nice and clean..they got mistake of our drink but they just give it to us as a present..lol!! so we end up with 2 different cocktail drinks..it was so yummy..got little bit tipsy..we had a good time in this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“Good food in a nice atmosphere...but be ready to spend some time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Altogether a great experience! The food was excellent, and if you talk to waiter, he really can be friendly. Yes, the service was slow, but we live in Paris, so it was not at all unexpected : ). And, yes it depends if you're used to brusque European service or more friendly service elsewhere. And, I really appreciated that they were willing to make a vegetarian version of almost anything on the menu, which I've come to not expect even in the most-recommended restaurants. They are normally quite uppity about it, and look at you like you're from another planet : ), so this was a pleasant change.

Of course, we're not thai, so cant comment on the authenticity : ), but the green that coconut-milk dish was great, as good as anywhere else and the saute was excellent as well. (beware, dont ask to 'extra-spice' your food unless you want something extra-extra hot : )! We assumed that since we're indians, and we normally find food way too bland, we'd ask for something 'extra hot'. Was it extra-hot or what?!). The dessert was great as well...mild and pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
Pilsen, Czech Republic
“Fine enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I haven't been to Thailand yet, but the menu is fine for me and a girlfriend.
Service is a bit slower during lunchtime, but we weren't in a hurry, so acceptable.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“What an insult to Thai cuisine!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Despite reading the reviews I was prepared to take a risk as I was desperate to eat some of my native cuisine.

I ordered Sontam it was just papaya carrot and fish sauce this is not Sontam! It was extremely salty.

I find the good reviews from supposedly Thai people on trip advisor hard to believe. I can only think that they must be fake because I know what real Thai food is, I have been eating it all my life. I cannot say that this is real Thai cooking.

The Pad Krapow Was an insult to Thai gastronomy, it had lots of ingredients in it that should not have been there and was missing out on the holy basil. It was also very watery.

It seems that everyone wants to open a Thai restaurant these days without even knowing how to cook Thai food properly never mind about good.

• Visited June 2013