“Must try”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must try”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Give this fascinating spirit a go. My girlfriend and I didn't now much about absinth before coming here. The bartender was very friendly and quite willing to entertain our questions about this quirky bohemian tradition. Try the traditional way of drinking it where they set the absinth on fire and burn the sugar into a spoon. My girlfriend had the one with a beetle in it and I had the King of Spirits. Drink it slowly as it really burns! Gross, but very worth the experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Pelanchong_bebas

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I just came here to buy some absinthe but...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for quite a little show! The bartender was a really cool guy , he helped me pick the perfect bottle thru a combination of absinthe history, shots, and drinking tips. I even left with some nice absinthe ice-cream. It was rather fun getting tipsy over an ice-cream :-D

1 Thank Tara D
Toronto, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Follow the Green Fairy!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Unfortunately, this place is hard to find...but once you find it jump in and join the fun. The staff are very friendly and willing to educate you in the history of Absinth. They'll also make a few recommendations for you and if you're still undecided, they'll provide you with a few free absinth shots to help. I was pretty surprised that they offered the 'tasters'. I tried 3 different types of absinth before making my purchase.

I know they have another smaller location near Old Town Square...but I recommend you visit the larger location on Jilska. Good luck trying to find it though. I'm just glad I stumbled upon it.

Visited November 2012
5 Thank RunnerJT
Birmingham, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“You only live once”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Apparently absinthe is somewhat of a speciality in czh republic so thought i would give this place a go as i was intrigued as to what was on offer...

We were the only people in there (however it was a monday evening) but the barman was a cool guy & offered us some advise on what to drink. He told us a little bit about the different shots depending on french / czh preperation styles. They do cocktails too. Naturally he advised me to buy one of the most expensive czh prepared absinthe 'shots' --- i agreed to it and watched him prepare it which was cool.

Me and my girlfriend were having a giggle until the bill came and we realised £10 had been blown to the wind on 2 measely drinks. Hey ho - you only live once! Cool bar..

1 Thank 2shots3089
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice cocktails! ”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Good place for aperitif. Lots (and I do mean lots) of different kinds of absinthe, mixed in cocktails if you don't want it burning through your throat pure. Had the absinthe caipirina, was great!

1 Thank Stijnds84