“Best way to know Prague”

Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours
Ranked #237 of 533 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Private walks by local history buff! Hi, my name is Roman Bily and I was born and raised in Prague.Since May 2004 I work as tour guide. I am informative, but not boring. I like my job and I'm proud of it. I'm here to make your stay in Prague a unique experience. People describe me as passionate and entertaining, but I'm not a stand-up comedian. I'm a family man (proud father of three boys) and I know how to attract and hold a kid's attention. Any extra time (If tour goes over appointed time) - is free of charge. So, I hope to see you on one of my walks. Have a pleasant stay in beautiful Prague! And remember, I'm the one who cares about your wishes! Due to the high demand is booking recommended. Contact me via email or phone. Hotel pick-up available or we can meet on the left side of the Astronomical Clock on the Old Town Square. Most of my tours are walking tours. But there is a chance to sit along the way - I like when my guests can sit ,relax and listen to my stories. Sometimes we'll use local transport : tram/streetcar. And yes, transportation (private vehicle) can be arranged upon request. Activity level of my walks is light and kid friendly. And sometimes parental guidance is recommended! Tour guide services/sample itinerary: 1/. PRAGUE OVERVIEW - Best of Prague (5-6 hours) 2/. COMMUNISM WALK - Life behind Iron Curtain (90 minutes) 3/. ASSASSINATION OF HEYDRICH - WW II history + Nazi occupation (2 hrs) 4/. OLD TOWN UNDERGROUND - Truth is down there (90 min) 5/. BEER TOUR - Pub + brewery visit + Czech dinner (3 hrs) 6/. MEDIEVAL TAVERN DINNER - Historical Fantasy Show + "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 7/. PRAGUE CASTLE WITH INTERIORS - Most sacred place (3 hrs) 8/. BOAT CRUISE + DINNER + LIVE MUSIC - Spectacular waterfront panorama of Prague with excellent "all you can eat" menu (3,5 hrs) 9/. JEWISH GHETTO - History of Czech Jews past and present (2,5 - 3 hrs) 10/.GHOST WALK - Hour of darkness (90 min) 11/.THERESIENSTADT EXCURSION - The only WW II concentration camp in the whole country 12/.KUTNA HORA TRIP - Unesco World Cultural Heritage Site
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went on the tour with Roman the first day stayed in Prague and it was our best decision! We got to know history and culture of the city in a very personal way with extreamly attentive and knowledgeable person, native from Prague! The tour was very well thought out, very engaging from the first moment, providing excellent prospectives! We absolutely recomend it and that is coming from person that is a professional tour guide, so you can imagine the high level of criteria that we have!
Do not miss out touring with Roman in this outstanding city!
Thanks again Roman for a wonderful time!
Kike y Natalia

robily, Manager at Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

My dear friends! It was my pleasure to guide you in my beautiful city! Especially because of the fact that gentleman is working as a guide also. And because I love Spain I´ve decided to visit Madrid so I hope to hire him as my guide. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again! Your friendly guide from Prague, Roman

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We booked a Jewish Quarters tour with Roman for the day we arrived in Prague in September 2012 based on Trip Advisor reviews. We rushed to the Astronomical Clock at the appointed time and Roman never arrived!. I had to contact Roman via email ( I had no local contact information). . We had to scramble to find a tour guide to take us through the Jewish Quarter due to the Jewish Holidays and our shortened vacation ( circumstances beyond our control) . It would have been great to see the Jewish Quarter when we had planned....Make sure you get local contact information from Roman! He said he had written the wrong date down, yet I received a confirming email with the correct date....

1  Thank Travelers0205
robily, General Manager at Amazing Walks of Prague - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Hello guys! Many apologies to ruin your stay in Prague. I´m a human, not a robot. And I´ve made a mistake. It happens. For me it was a first time. You´ve made your booking half an year before your arrival. You could send me just a reminder one week ahead - like most of the people do. I´ve offered you a private tour as a substitution but you declined my offer. And since than you´ve started a very hostile activities against myself. Three negative commentaries because of one human error. Wow! Maybe it´s time to invest your time and feelings into something more positive. God bless!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am so glad I booked a tour with Roman. He is very knowledgeable, very thorough, and very flexible. We talked about the present day as well as the history of Jews in Prague. Roman also pointed out various restaurants (and their merits) in addition to other "touristy" information. If you're not familiar with Jewish history or different aspects of Judaism, Roman provides accurate information in a very easy to understand format.
I arranged the tour through e-mail and communicating with him through e-mail was very easy. He was very prompt. Wish I would have booked more tours with him. :) I would definitely recommend him to others.

1  Thank ALY2011WI
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I took the Jewish quarter tour with Roman who we found under the white umbrella from Amazing walks of Prague at the horologe.
We were looking for him based on my previous experience 6 years ago when I went alone to Prague and met him. We were surprised to be the only 2 interested to go with him and watched the huge “free tour” group that was horded toward the same area.
What a difference between our knowledgeable, interesting guide Roman that customized his presentation to our interests, answered questions, made the history alive and what we saw from the distance with the big groups. We highly recommend him.
At the end we paid the same as the tip expected from the big group (nothing is really free) and we got a ton more.
We also took the underground tour with him and we were very pleased.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked Roman Bily for a walking tour of Jewish Prague. He was a truly entertaining tour guide! We thoroughly enjoyed listening to him! We didn't have our tour with him until our last day. We really wish we had booked him earlier because he has some fabulous travel tips! Also, if we had booked him earlier in the trip, we would have absolutely booked a second tour with him on the spot!