“Nice place and good Czech food”
Review of Serial Burgers

Serial Burgers
Ranked #335 of 5,820 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Welcome to Serial Burgers! Here's a stylish restaurant opened recently for you to make your sinful dreams about goddamned delicious burgers come true. Come over for patties from juicy, home-minced meat, fluffy home-baked buns and fresh herbs & veggies. Go great with draught Pilsner or yummy cocktails.
Reviewed December 7, 2012

That was my first time visiting a restaurant in Prague. My friend brought me there and we had lunch menu. It is recommended to always check today's menu in Czech restaurant which offer discounted price.

The food is Czech cuisine, we had starter goulash soup with minced meat. And the main menu was rice with beef. The package menu included espresso for free. Overall the food is good with reasonable price.

The waiter speak English well and overall service is satisfying.
The atmosphere of restaurant is cool with LCD TV showed football match at that time and full of modern music.

Though the location quite hidden and after open the door we need to go downstairs, the other facilities is also good there.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We didn't know what to expect as there's not much to see from street level but we were glad we took the plunge to the underground celllar. It is a beautiful, large space with a warm ambience. Unfortunately the "non-smoking area" offers no protection from the polluted air of smokers, luckily there were none during our visit. That aside, we had a positive experience as the food was very good. The home-made pasta made the spaghetti carbonara an excellent choice. My partner was pleased with his meal of grilled fillet of butterfish in lemon-balm sauce. The pancakes with blueberries were small thick pancakes with a lemony tang and very tasty. I would recommend this as a good eatery but perhaps to be avoided at peak hour when the likelihood of inhaling smoke while eating is reduced.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I wouldn't normally go to pubs/restaurants with people standing outside to entice you in by offering a free drink with every meal, or places that I couldn't see inside to see what it was like (it is in a cellar) but I went on the strength of the reviews here. It is a perfectly pleasant pub with food but hardly lives up to the 'gastropub' recommendations here. There was one other couple eating food that evening, everyone else was having a beer and watching Juventus play Chelsea on the big screen that filled one wall of the room. Thankfully no smokers. I had what was described as 'mountain fresh trout' which was long-since dead and frozen, dry and overcooked. But the potatoes were excellent - fresh, yellow, waxy and served with butter and chives. A very average Prague meal.

1  Thank galloping_grannie
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant/wine bar/pub has such potential to be among the best in Prague. Extraordinary value for money, excellent staff, great menu beautiful fit out. They have a good wine list and good selection of beer and an excellent kitchen. My only criticism (and unfortunately this is a deal breaker) is they allow smoking inside. They have a 'non smoking' area but the place is a basement so you can't escape. We felt so sad for the wonderful staff having to work in such a dangerous environment. Send the smokers outside for a puff! Fabulous menu but we can't eat with smoke surrounding us.

2  Thank r-and-r09
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Prague is a city full of eating places, many of them interesting and providing excellent value. But I doubt there is one as good as Ostrovni. The basic rule to eating well is 'avoid the touristic zones' - so Wenceslas & Old Town Squares are 'out'. But Ostrovni is barely 10 minutes stroll from the 'bottom' of Wenceslas square, and you really will pay less than half for excellent food & nice surroundings.

Set in a cellar (clearly recently renovated), the tables are generously sized and not too crowded; the menu ahs a wide range of dishes (the veal cutlet was the largest I've ever seen - and so, so tasty!), the desserts delicious (just try the pancakes), and - best of all - at present you get a free drink with each main course!

If in Prague, seek out the Ostrovni - you won''t be disappointed!