“Hidden gem off the beaten tourist track”
Review of Serial Burgers

Serial Burgers
Ranked #340 of 5,702 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Welcome to Serial Burgers! Here's a stylish restaurant opened recently for you to make your sinful dreams about goddamned delicious burgers come true. Come over for patties from juicy, home-minced meat, fluffy home-baked buns and fresh herbs & veggies. Go great with draught Pilsner or yummy cocktails.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We like to get lost and find places the locals would visit. Sometimes you win - sometimes you lose - but it beats a tourist trap by miles.

We stumbled upon Ostrovni's by pure accident. Our feet were worn and we were hungry and we had gotten a little lost - so we were ready for a big lunch and a couple of beers.

Our waiter was not at all fluent in english but that was quite okay, we made due and he was trying very hard to understand and accomodate us.

We ordered the duck, the lamb shank and 2 beers. The beers arrived shortly after and though we had to relocate to another table (we totally missed that we sat down in the smoking area) the wait was enjoyable and our food arrived after an appropriate time had passed.

The duck is really good, the potato dumplings was delicious, even the cabbage is great in this meal. My husband had the lamb shank which was fine but the duck shone really bright - we switched meals from time to time to share the amazing food and our waiter checked in on us (replenishing our drinks when the first 2 beers were drunk) from time to time.

We ended up waddling away after our meal, but it was a satisfied waddle.

2 days later we came back for more - we ordered the roast chicken and the duck. I had a mojito and 2 x sparkling water and my husband had a beer.

The duck meal was still amazing. The chicken was a bit boring but that's okay - the duck was filling enough for two ;) The waitstaff was attentive and not trying to sell more like other places in Prague does.

We waddled away yet again - and yet again extremely satisfied.

You should try finding this place whenever you're in Prague!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We found a small selection of good reviews for this restaurant which was located near the Unitas hotel. We arrived shortly after 6pm on a Monday evening and thought the place was closed -- there was only one couple in there! Fortunately, we did not turn around and leave, and instead we stayed for one of our best meals on the trip. The large roast pork knuckle was presented well and freshly roasted and accompanied with pickles, sauces and bread. The goulash was not to my partners taste (who enjoyed my pork knuckle more) but brought back memories for me of Ukrainian food I ate as a child. The bread dumplings were very good and better than anything you can get in the local tourist traps and pubs. Prices were very reasonable, cocktails were good and the waitress and manager were both attentive even though the manager did not speak English (he tried his best and did not ignore us). Highly recommended.

1  Thank C Y
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant so much that we are returning tomorrow. Highly recommend. One of the best meals I've had in Europe. The duck with red cabbage and potato dumplings can't be beat.

1  Thank PR_Travels
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been to Prague several times and I have to say that the Restaurace Ostrovni is a fantastic place to have a nice dinner out. The service is very good, the staff is professional and friendly at the same time and the food is wonderful. They have a fine choice of appetizers, good beer and a nice selection of spirits....not too many but of good quality. The prices are reasonable and has a nice atmosphere, it is a good place for a dinner out or grab a beer with friends. In my opinion a big plus goes to the fact that there is a smoking and non smoking part.
I will definetly dine there again.

2  Thank Marco C
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have been at this restaurant several times and finally a place, where the food is excellent, very pleasant environment and very friendly and professional staff. Prices are reasonable enough how quality and excellent the food is. The big advantage is that I can go there with my little niece, because due to the fact the smoking part, so that there is not at all the smell. I would recomment this restaurant to all who wish to spent a pleasant evening :-)

1  Thank Alison Y