“Central hostel with friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostel Marrakesh

Hostel Marrakesh
Ranked #421 of 662 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Vienna, Austria
“Central hostel with friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed at this hostel in April and it´s nice clean hostel in the centre in very secure area of Prague. Around are many shops, restaurants and bar. The breakfast is free and wifi is quick and working also in the room which is really comfortable. Bathrooms and toilets are kept very clean and beds are also clean. The common room is small but with big comfy sofa and big screen with many channels in english and french. There is also very well equiped kitchen. I recommend this hostel for your stay in Prague.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hostel had a really high rating on hostel world but we weren't overly impressed. The people that worked there were extremely nice and helpful when we asked for help getting to the airport at the end of our stay. We stayed in a ten person dorm that was for the most part empty during our stay. For such a big room, there were surprisingly few outlets which might have been a problem if the room had been full. You get a pillowcase and a top sheet which doesn't cover the entire mattress and doesn't stay put since it isn't fitted, which is kind of annoying. The bathroom was okay - toilets were clean but the shower was kind of gross and didn't drain properly. There is no common area besides the kitchen, which is cramped and is also the area you have to walk through to leave the hostel. It was awkward to walk through when people are sitting there because there's not a lot of room. Also, the stairs to get up to the rooms are SUPER narrow and if you have a big bag its really hard to get up. Overall, for me, the biggest problem with this hostel was the atmosphere. No one was overly outgoing/friendly. The location was really good though, max 10 minute walk to Old Town Square and easy to catch a metro or tram right by the hostel and plenty of good restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We've spent two nights at the hostel in a ten bed mixed dorm. The location of the hostel is good, a two minute walk away from the train station and bus hub, located in Prag's beautiful old town. The hostel was nice and clean, there is a restaurant in the same building, which we didn't try after all although it looked quite nice. One of the down sides is that they don't have a 24h reception, but they tell you that on their homepage as well as on hostelwolrd.com, so we've just emailed them at what time we would arrive and they welcomed us without a problem. Staff was very, very nice and we've had some nice conversations. They've provided breakfast for us and had free wifi in all the hostel. There were no lockers in the hostel and only two bathrooms for four dorm rooms.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I'm staying at this hostel almost 2 weeks while looking for my flat in Prague and I was really lucky with choosing this hostel for my stay here because this hostel is very clean, safe, offering free rich breakfast. There is a big screen with many channels, sport and international channels as well. Very comfortable sofa in the common room. Hostel offering free tea, coffee, cappuccino, chocolate during whole day which is very comfortable. Every evening hostel staff preparing small snack for free, like cakes and fruits. They make me to feel like at home. The hostel is situated right in the city center next to many supermarkets and shopping center {very cheap is LIDL]. I recommend this place for staying in Prague.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is hostel is clean and centralz located. Receptionist is young friendly girls which helps me with everything and answered all my questions. Free breakfast provided. Around many shops and bars. It´s small hostel. I appreciated vell equiped kitchen.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

this is the second review to claim a theft using card details by the owners of the hostel after the guest has left. This hostel ruined my trip, as I am a 19 year old girl i am young backpacking with not a lot of money at all. When I was already stripped for cash spending a maximum of 5-10 euros a day, I had ALL of my money stolen, PLUS 70 dollars!!! So I was in debt because the owner had a problem with me and my friend coming home at 5am in the morning not tip toeing around. The owner got extremely angry, yelling. I know when I am out of line, and in this moment I know that we werent. He was rude, grossly physical and his behavior was just a gob-smacking surprise. He came into our locked room in the morning without knocking, proceeded to kick our clothes around the room and yell at us because we had moved a bed slightly. He was swearing, THREATENING and he even grabbed my arm just to push me to leave faster. Grabbing it with a painful amount of force. I left this hostel very upset, nowhere to go, no money to stay anywhere and a debt in my pocket. To this day months later I cringe at the thought of the things they did. I hope that someone can see whats happening here and change it. Because all the reviews everywhere are one offs saying everything was perfect, when they lie on the site about the reception times and other fees, and as I was leaving the hostel owner even went to the trouble to tell me he's going to contact hostel bookers so I cant write a review!!! i hope someone can change whats happening because it ruined my trip, and I have no doubt it will ruin many other backpackers trips to come. All in all, jaw dropping at the behavior, the lies, the theft and the fraud. I felt and still feel absolutely Disgusted. 3 months later and I am still dealing with, AND NO WHERE NEAR, getting my money back. THEFT.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank afraidTOputMYname

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Cute hostel with maroccan design made us to feel very homy. Friendly and helpful staff. Hostel is close to the bus and train station.There were a few restaurants and bars within a 2 minute walk and reasonably priced. We slept at 10 beds dorm it was a decent size room with comfortable beds. Everything is very clean at this hostel. After long walk through Prague we always relaxed on the comfortable red sofa placed in common area. Free tea, coffee, sugar, milk.. There was a mini market around the corner as well and 200m supermarket Lidl.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends