Hostel Marrakesh
$283
$232
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree breakfastinternational bus stationcity centrerestaurants and barsold townlocation is greatwould stay here againlidlreceptionistcereal
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Cute hostel with maroccan design made us to feel very homy. Friendly and helpful staff. Hostel is close to the bus and train station.There were a few restaurants and bars within a 2 minute walk and reasonably priced. We slept at 10 beds dorm it was a decent size room with comfortable beds. Everything is very clean at this hostel. After long walk through Prague we always relaxed on the comfortable red sofa placed in common area. Free tea, coffee, sugar, milk.. There was a mini market around the corner as well and 200m supermarket Lidl.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The hostel was easy to find and there was someone to meet us after 3pm but do not go before this time as the reception is not manned, you an store your bags at the train station for 60kr. There are a lot of bad reviews about the hostel but it is not as bad as some make out. The receptionist is lovely and helpful. The negative points the rooms have too many beds in so you can't move around. The 'purchaseable' extra you see on hostel bookers is a requirement not a choice. So even though you might have your own sleeping bag that's not good enough and you have to pay for linen. The linen I the worse linen I have ever seen. Defeats the object of the 'Hygenie' rule they use to make you most as the bed sheets don't even cover the whole bed. The duvet sheet has a broken zip and the pillow cannot be closed either. The common room is good but can fit around 5 people in. I would not recommend stopping here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kezminda
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really do hate writing bad reviews but I was very disappointed in this hostel, especially after seeing how good the ratings were on the Hostel bookers website. To be fair, the staff are really nice, and the location is really good, and wifi also works well. But to only have two bathrooms for perhaps 30 guests, with only a small common room/kitchen is a bit ridiculous. I also came when the temperature was over 35 degrees at least, and I stayed in the attic room...there is barely a window, so the temperature and humidity feels three times worse when you step inside the room. The other main thing that I was unhappy with is that there are no definite reception hours - you could be waiting for ages for the reception to open to check in! So unfortunately, this was a poor choice for my stay in Prague.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed July 20, 2013

It had everything we needed and was well priced. I would recommend staying here. I would point out that the walk into the city centre took about 5-10 minutes but I prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle. There was a lovely restaurant just next door, I can't remember the name of it.

Room Tip: Our room was visible (because the curtain was very thin) to anyone walking to and from the main entrance of the hostel, which would have only been guests but I thought I should mention that.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Notice how all the good reviewers have only made one review. Friends of owners. To be fair the husband and wife owners were very nice to me. At first I didn't understand the bad reviews. Then I stayed awhile. Do not come here if you are arriving before 3pm or after 10:30pm. No reception. No where to put your stuff. Even if you tell them you are arriving, they aren't there. Then if you complain when you come back to check in, they won't let you stay and they will charge you anyway. The price listed on your booking receipt is lower than the price charged. They charge a one time 45K (I think) charge for linen (even if you have our own) and they charge 21 Koruna a person per night for "city tax". Neither charge listed on any of the booking sights. So if you are staying only one night, the price is much higher. No lockers in the rooms so stuff gets stolen from locked backpacks. If they cared about their guest at all, there would be lockers. They say they have a safe in the reception but that room is tiny and you can't fit a laptop in there. Only two bathrooms so you were always doing the pee dance in the morning cause someone was taking showers. Showers don't drain so they are filthy. I was just told by someone that one is now broken. I only saw cleaners every two days. However outside of the showers, the hostel is pretty clean. If you are a guy with dreds, don't stay there. The two times I saw incidents, it was with guys with dred locks. From my viewpoint, it was the fault of the male owner. One guy was let in the hostel in the morning by another backpacker and was sitting there on the couch all day waiting for reception. The owner came a few hours later and started yelling at the guy for being there. In 10 years of backpacking, I have never seen a place that wouldn't let you hang out or leave your bags before check in. If you go on other sights, all the bad reviews are answered by him and he doesn't take criticism well. But if you are a pretty young girl...you are golden. Five different girls said that he touched their knees/shoulders and it freaked them out. Good news, free wi-fi works well all the time, nice tv, hot water showers, five minute walk from the bus station, 15 to old town and free normal hostel breakfast. Free coffee/tea all day. My advice, stay somewhere else. Hopefully they will care enough to put lockers in the rooms, have reception open so you can drop off your bags and stop hitting up on the girls. The place is too small for another bathroom but they could take out a bunk bed in each room to add lockers. Too many people for only two bathrooms anyway. They say someone is there all night but if so, they are locked in reception and no one knows they are there. Oh one dorm room had two fold up cots as beds. I do feel bad as the owners were very nice to me but I saw too many things that I must give the worst review I have ever given on any sight. They need to stop arguing with bad reviews and make changes. I've actually changed my screen name so they won't recognize me and charge my card more as retribution. Yes, I heard from a backpacker two days ago that there were charges on his card after he checked out that were not supposed to be there. Guys, please take the reviews seriously and make changes. I hate giving bad reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo