“Beautiful modern hotel/hostel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #171 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Vancouver
“Beautiful modern hotel/hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very nice, new, clean, hotel. It’s connected to both a sort of night club and a lunch restaurant. Didn’t feel like a typical hostel where there’s a common room where people hang out; felt more like a boutique hotel. It was definitely noisy on Friday night but not terribly.

Staff was totally fine but like I said, more like hotel staff rather than hostel staff.
We were a four-person group so got a private room. The room and bathroom were brilliant. Small room but well decorated. There were duvets, which I love!

The bathroom was spotless and very modern. Shower was very nice. My disappointment was that it was bunk beds, I kind of hoped for a private room that the beds would be regular single beds on the floor. But not a big deal at all. Good temperature.

Overall, this was a great option. The same price as the other hostels we saw and it felt like we were staying in a hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wanderlust244
Sandra R, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Wanderlust244,
let me thank you for your opinion which is very valid and I appreciate it a lot. You are right, we are more of a boutique hotel rather than hostel but we offer this kind of accomodation as well. That is why the name is fusion because we like to put together different people with different expectations. It is a very nice mix at the end as you could have experienced yourself I believe.
The most important thing for both our target groups is the location and the cleanliness of the whole property so thank you that you noticed we really do care a lot.
Sorry for the bunk beds but we also have flexy room with 4 separated beds so I think it might have been a missunderstanding while the booking process.
Anyway I feel you really enjoyed your stay and thats what is important.

I hope you will visit us again next time you are travelling to Prague
Sandra Reptova, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The whole place is a universe of fun and design, extremely friendly and helpful staff, gimmicks and gadgets, good food and drink, good location and suitable for any kind of traveller. Already looking forward to come back

Room Tip: It´s great fun to take the room with the oversized bed when you travel with children!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra R, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear EFM2014,
so you and especially your kids had some fun in the BIG BED I see. Thats lovely to hear. I bet there was a pillow fight happening as well. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we are also looking to have you back. Let me know next time you are visiting, would like to shake your hand.
Have a great time
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was spotless always.
I chose a dorm room and met 3 lovely people.
The food in the restaurant was first class and always well presented.
The location, Praha 1 is in the middle of everything in town
Major tip: The Czechs do not like Euros. Get your money changed at Western Union. The others are thieves and cheats and will give as little as possible.
Tipping is usually 10% AND DO NOT DISCUSS THE BEGGARS.
My rating is fantastic. The selection is not working on this page.

Room Tip: Whether travelling with friends, lover or a family this hotel is suitable for all. The 360 bar is t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear George P,
let me tell you thank you for this tip. You are right, most of the czech places do not accept euros so it is better to be ready with your cash before you come or use ATM. But I must say there are couple of places where you can pay with euros, usually some luxury shops or some of the restaurants.
Anyway, in fusion you can pay in euros or the local currency as you wish.
Thank you so much for the fantastic rating, it means a lot to be rewarded by our happy and satisfied guests. It is the best motivation to try to get even better every day.
Best regards
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love travelling and already visited Prague many times before. Normally I didn´t keep in mind the hotels where I spent nights there. This time it was a different experience.
It was so easy to walk from railway station and find the hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel was just unique, you could feel it in the air. Hotel service was very friendly in a natural way, not just professional. My room named "Fusion rocks" was just cool and spacy, I enjoyed it a lot. Letter from GM on the table, bottle of water and a glass with slice of lemon felt nice.
Orientation in the hotel was a bit challenge at the beginning, but very soon you started to find your ways easy, bc it has a logic:-)
Hotel was full of foreign guests, so I had some nice talkings during a breakfast time.
I know that anytime in the future I go to Prague, Fusion hotel will be my choice again for sure. And you should also try it, it´s worth of it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gabika,
I am glad you enjoyed your Rock room experience and thank you for the photos published as well.This room is one of our favourite and also the most popular among our clients. I suggest you should also try the Love room next time you visit us with your partner.
Its great to hear you met nice guests around. We love to hear our guests socialize with eachother. Thats what hotel should be about - meeting new people who want to talk instead of reading newspapers :-)
Thank you again and hope to see you soon again
Ragards from sunny Prague
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My experience is absolutely positive about this hotel. The location is perfect, easily we could walk to all the best tourist places and also some not so tourist to see a bit how the locals live, work and have fun. The building super nice and modern, I love architecture and I was told by the reception that the building use to be a bank before. And for the receptionist, they are absolutely friendly, helpful and they made me feel home already at the check in... the Brazilian guy, Marcio, was a gift to me and my boyfriend...we were so lost in what to do, where to go and so on, he is just happy to help, smiling always and with a funny sense of humor, we can see him is not doing that only because he has to, the others are also nice but we did not have the chance to talk with them that much cause we were seating on the bar and Marcio stopped there to wow us . The reception is 24 hours, what is a comfort.
My room was big enough for me and my boyfriend, considering the price, location and the friendly stuff we got.
The 360 bar is funky and I loved the cocktails. I had only breakfast in the restaurant there and was good enough.
I would definetely stay there again in case I return to Prague.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear RebPorto,
many thanks for your lovely words and as a GM of this place you can imagine what makes me happy. Its the way you describe Marcio and his bevaviour. No suprise for me but so great to read it. He is very natural and thats the way he treats our customers and well, here is the proof that they love it:-)
Sorry you only had time to try our breakfast because we also offer lovely traditional and international cuisine here in Epopey. Never mind, we are here waiting for your next visit!
Have some great days
Best regards
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I´ve been there with my wife in Feb-2014 as Prague is one of my favourit cities. And we were not disappointed.
The Hotel has a very unique style wich is definitely worth to see. We booked the "Rock ´n´ Roll room wich was exactly the same as you can see from the HP pictures. The room is quite big and for 2 persons absolutely good. The bathroom´s sice is also OK in my opinion. The recepoinists were very friendly and were able to give good advices to go out for dinner. Otherwise they have PC-stations were you also can check good opportunities to go out in the evening and a lot more. So if you are able to talk to the people working there or to help yourself at the PC desk you might have a really good time in Prague. The service personal was friendly, the room was clean as I can estimate. In my personal opinion the bed was a bit hard but thats up to everybody how to confortable you feel with hard or soft beds. I´m used to Box-spring beds, what can count for an explanation of my opinion.
Don´t expect everybody to speak german although the Czechs were governed some hundreds years by the Habsburg dynasty they have their own language called Czech. Everybody is able to speak English in a propper way, so that you can understand everything if you ask for some information.
Have a visist at the 360° Bar which we found very nice and the cocktails are good (Try the Pacific and ADIOS Motherf***** Cocktail for a good start into Prague nightlife).
The location of the Hotel is brilliant. You can walk within 10 minutes to Wenzel square, Old town square and within 15 minutes to the Karlsbridge and if you like you can reach Hradgin and the Castle within a 30-40 minute walk or otherwise you can book a guided tour programm with a hop on hop off tourist tour wich is worthy the 900 CK per person, as you can use the bus for 48 hours. Also the public transfer is very good and a lot cheaper than the guided tour programm.
If you are into Rock music I can strongly recomand "Jacks Legendary Bar" near old Town square and "Harleys Club" just 10 minutes by feet from Old town square (was one of the best clubs according to atmosphere I´ve ever been to).
Don´t have any meal or beer in the bars and restaurant around Old Town square as they are all extremely overpriced. Ask the hotel stuff for typical Czech cuisin restaurants if you are into bohemian cuisin (I like it very much). An indicator is the beer price. Don´t pay more than 45 CK for 0,5l of beer (Harleys Club was a bit more expensive).
All in all the Fusion Hotel Prague is not a Honeymoon hotel but very good for young people who like to see the city and have a good time in town (day and night). If I go to Prague with my children I will definitely go to Fusion Hotel, which is also true for trips with friends. If you are more used to 4 seasons Hotels and things like this Fusion might not be the best choice for you but for me and my wife it was the best place to stay for a weekend off without children, just to have a good time in one of Europes nicest cities...

Room Tip: If I would go there with my children I would take the room with the big "Monobed" for up t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sandra R, General Manager at NYX Prague, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Daniel T,
your review made my day really and the title is just amazing. We are for the young at heart and it feels so nice when somebody young at heart actually appreciates what we are trying to achieve here. You stayed in the Rock room but feel free to choose the LOVE room next time. I am sure you will enjoy that experience with your wife as well.
I love the part where you are talking about fusion cocktails and you really did choose some cool ones. If you are interested, we can also organize a barman lesson for you and you can prepare them back home and feel the fusion spirit every time you drink them.
Daniel, the way you describe fusion is the reason why we all love to work here. The reason is to meet people like you.
I hope we will have a chance to welcome you again in the near future
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at Fusion Hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Prague. Great location, super clean rooms, amazingly friendly staff and the best cocktails we've ever tried!!! We stayed in the bunk rooms and found the rooms to be extremely clean and loved having two toilets. It was great having accommodation, a bar and a restaurant all in the one place, we could have happily not left the premises! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Shelly C,
everything under one roof, thats also how we can describe fusion and I see that you enjoyed it big time. Extremely clean, amazingly friendly staff and the central location that is what you loved about us and I can tell you that it is the way we are whenever you decide to come back.
Travelling makes people happy and its nothing better than meeting happy people while you are travelling. Fusion is the right place for that.
Happy day Shelly