As we booked a dorm room, we expected this place to be a little like a hostel - it was very modern and spacious but there were some downsides.
- the lockers in the dorm room don't work. It's a design fault and even when you put a padlock on it it can still be opened quite easily.
- there is no kitchen. Although the soup shop downstairs is very cheap. The restaurant downstairs is quite expensive and had literally one vegetarian dish.
- the bathrooms are terrible. Once someone had a shower it was completely unusable as the floor became flooded. It was really gross.
- there is no common space to chill out later at night. The one common area which is part of the soup kitchen closes at 10 and when we asked where we could hang out in the hotel they said 'in your room.'
On the plus side the staff are very friendly, the rooms are huge, there are other lockers behind reception to store your stuff and the location is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NYX Prague is perfectly located in the centre of Prague. The pedestrian zone, Municipal House and many cafes and restaurants are just around the corner. You will benefit from very convenient transport connections, just a few minutes walk away from the hotel. The concept hotel NYX Prague features all the modern conveniences you need including free Wi-Fi, delicious breakfast buffet and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your NYX Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.