“uber funky, different kind of hotel”
Review of NYX Prague

NYX Prague
Ranked #189 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend as a birthday present and he can be a snob at times as he likes his 5 star hotels. When we walked in it was checking out time, reception was full with people and bags.
He didn't like the look of it - too hostelly.When we returned later and it was quieter he was pleasantly suprised and really liked it. It is like no hostel i have ever stayed more a hotel so don't be put off .
The room was very modern, just like the pictures and very clean. We were on the 3rd floor it was very quiet and we both slept well. The room is spacious enough, we even had a small view of the Church of lady Tyn over the rooftops. You get a few toiletries in the room and towels. The shower was really powerful with a big head and laser gun extra part.
Breakfast was better than expected with fruit, museli, eggs, bacon, sausages, cold meats, breads, cakes and beverages included. Buffet service.
The playroom is quirky, the bar is fun. Restaurant - good food at a good price.
Reception and all staff we met in the hotel were really friendly and helpful.
Location it is 5 minutes from the main shopping st, everything is walking distance.
I would totally recommend this hotel if you want something a little different.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nikki781
There are newer reviews for NYX Prague

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Friends chose this hotel for me - I think I would have passed it by on my own. But if I had, I might have made a mistake. First, its location is perfect, just off Wenceslas Square and within walking distance of virtually everything. I bought a subway pass the first day I was in Prague, but never used it!

Decor is a little eurostrange - exposed piping, fluorescent paint, larger-than-lifesize drawings of imaginary animals on the room walls.I actually kept a night light on so that I wouldn't be scared out of my wits by the monster on the wall should I wake in the middle of the night! But my bed was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was large, clean, and modern, with plenty of hot water and complimentary toiletries. Wifi works perfectly throughout the hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was large and delicious, with an excellent assortment of eggs, breakfast meats and cheeses, rolls and breads, yogurts, cereals, fruits, juices, and tea and coffee.

With the exception of one of the receptionists, who was rude without provocation ("She's Russian, and sometimes I want to kill her," another staff member said by way of explanation), the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful with everything, from suggesting things to do to having my room cleaned early for an early check-in.

I really don't think you could find better value in Prague. It looks strange to those of us on the wiser side of 40, but give it a try and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side on lower floors may be too noisy for some. Try to get a room in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dobes918
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place is great, awesome decoration, cool staff, good location! I recommand this place to the people who are going to prague!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicolas M
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a review for the bar, cafe and restaurant at Fusion Hotel. The hotel is very 'New York' in it's design ans approach. It looks like nothing else in the city. And as other reviewers havs said, the level of welcome, helpfulness, friendliness and sincerity is second to none.

We first tried the cocktails at 360° Bar. As the name suggests, the bar is round and revolves. The bar person was a funky tattooed girl. She couldn't find and fresh cucumber for one of our drinks, and improvised. The drinks were strong and looked great. They came in glasses specific to the cocktail. We ended with Mint Julips, which where excellent, and came served in glass tankards. I could definitely spend an evening there. And the prices, by London standards, we're really, really cheap.

On another occasion, we had lunch at Soup in the City, the cafe. Wonderful, freshly made soups, and hot dishes, plus pre-made sandwiches and salads. Again, charming, smiling, good looking staff were serving, and all spoke very good English. The cafe is adjacent to a spacious seating area, with free wifi (the free wifi goes throughout the entire hotel and common parts, but you need to ask for the password).

Finally, we had a dinner at Epopey, the hotel's restaurant. We had Greek salads (160czk), a pasta dish ( 145czk) and a pork special, from the blackboard (270czk). The portions where almost ridiculously large. It was the best meal we ate in Prague. It was a Wednesday night at 9.00pm, but the place was virtually empty. No idea why, as the food and service was really good. And our bill receipt doubled as a free drinks voucher for our next visit.

Fusion Hotel offers something for tourists and locals. Wake up Prague. You have a wonderful establishment here. Support it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you looking for a cheap hotel/hostel in the heart of the old city center of Prague with a touch of design, Fusion Hotel Prague is made for you.

The personnel is great and is attentioned to provide you an excellent quality services. You can also asked them to book a place for the Opera or other activities in Prague.

The 360° pivoting lounge bar is amazing.

Great time there - I Highly recommanded it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed last weekend in the Fusion hotel with two other friends. Location is great (directly in the city centre) and room prices are very fair. Rooms offer everything you need. The whole hotel is newly renovated in a stylish, cool design. But the best thing about the hotel is the extraordinary friendly staff, especially at the reception. Will definitely come back….

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Nils W
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I just visited the new Fusion Hotel in Prague; what a great place! Finaly something different to all dull hotels! Great food and drinks but be careful: if you think that you are drunk: it might be the bar which is turning!

Room Tip: Difficult to say, they have large double rooms, rooms for families and even a room with one big bed...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends