“Always a busy pub.”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: AndEl
Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

U Buldoka is great locals pub in the eclectic Smichov District that is always a pub I love to visit on any holiday i take to this most beautiful of cities.
The pub interior is awesome ,it's an authentic Czech sports pub,innumerable football scarves from around the world adorn the walls,sports,beer posters and enamels are everywhere, there's even a canoe suspended from the ceiling, great decor and furnishings including a cool looking serving bar and there's plenty of seating options spread throughout this pub, it really is a cool looking pub .
We were here on a Friday night and this pub was absolutely packed with a great atmosphere, we very luckily managed to get a table were a very pleasant member of staff served us a big frothy Pilsner Urquell beer each, beers were served in excellent condition being iced cold and sparkling, we just chilled out and took in the great pub we were in.
To say this pub is popular would be an understatement, I've been here many times over the years and it's always a very busy pub.
I really enjoy Pilsner Urquell beer, it's such a light and hoppy brew, it's a beer style I really enjoy and the beer I most associate with Prague.
We really enjoyed our first beers in here and the great atmosphere so much so that we ended up staying for another beer each before we moved on and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
U Buldoka is easy to locate, jump tram No 7.10.16.54 to stop Zbovoska and walk down Preslova were you will find this pub.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Friday, Open from 11am.
Saturday & Sunday, Open from Midday.
A great pub,well worth checking out if your in the area.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Great Beer & Tequila!
We passed by this place close to our hotel ... glad we popped in as the food was good and a reasonable price, the beer was fab and we ended with tequila of which there was a good selection. The bar staff were friendly and they accomodated our attempts at the Czech language. We'll be back

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Just found this place by chance but glad I did, nice to get out of the rain.
It's a sports themed pub, I'd day mainly football with scarves, photos etc all over the walls.
Just had a few drinks and watched a game on the TV, it was very quiet about 3pm but I imagine it gets busier in the evening and if it wasn't my last afternoon I would have been back in the evening.
I'll do the evening at my next visit to Prague soon.
Staff were pleasant, drinks reasonably priced.
Ill be back again soon

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2019

As above, just down to earth and good -
Had a Goulash and a Spicy Bean - good fodder no complaints
Super efficient waiting staff wisked beers up (they have an ok selection - the Dark was nice as was the half & half) - almost before they were asked for... What's not to like?
thank you!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Good Place to Watch Sports. Plenty of Sport Memory,s on the Walls. Well Kept Pilsner Urquell. Everything Was Fine. To Rerun of Praha Football Derby. Though could Not Sit Through Three Slavia Comeback Goals.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to U Buldoka? Share your experiences!