“Worth a visit”

Old Town Highlights and Secrets Private Walking Tour in Prague
Ranked #71 of 1,049 things to do in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The most attractive parts of the sightseeing tour include the Astronomical Tower, , with a beautiful view of the historical center of Prague, Meridian hall a unique room previously used for determining noon and Baroque library hall with beautiful frescoes and several historically valuable globes. We offer romantic evening for two, propose to your sweetheart, surprise your love by making a proposal in the most romantic tower in the heart of Prague! We’ll organize the whole betrothal according to your wishes. Taking photos of night Prague.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I didn't go to any of the concerts, I took the tour of the Mirror Chapel, Baroque library and observatory. All of them are very nice to see, the old building itself, the decorations and the pictures, books and astrological instruments displayed everywhere.

The tour was not that good. The tour guide spoke bad English and seemed slightly drunk or hung over. She could have given us a bit more time at the library.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"old town"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A quintet played a selection of music including Vivaldis Four Seasons in the Mirror room. Amazing. It often sounded as if there were an orchestra playing rather than 4 string players and an organist. I'd strongly recommend this as I found it thoroughly enjoyable. The gent selling tickets on the street in front of the building gave us the student rate so you could try bargaining with him. Still, $25 to experience this in a 300 year old venue was very reasonable in my opinion.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Loved this place, we went with another couple in December and wanted to see the chapel as it looked beautiful in photos. The place was a little bit hidden for being right in the center of the city, but eventually we found the entrance. Unfortunately you had to go on a tour to see the inside, but we decided to do it. Our guide didn't speak the best english, but that really wasn't what I was there for anyway. I wanted to see the chapel, library, and the view from the top.

We go into the chapel first, and its quite ornate. Very small, lovely. No photos are allowed but they seem lax on this. Next big site was the library - holy beautiful! Here they didn't allow photos and she was pretty stern about it. Someone tried to take one and she called him out immediately. You aren't allowed to walk in the library, but rather view it from the entryway. Either way, it is stunning to look at.

We kept up the stairs (there is an elevator for those that want it) and eventually made it to the viewing platform. This is a very beautiful view of the castle complex as well as Tyn Church. The platform is a full circle so you get 360 degree views. You can buy postcard pictures of the chapel and library from the store as you are leaving.

Its 220 kr for the mandatory tour, which is about $11. Not bad to me, but it is one of the pricier attractions in Prague. Well worth it for what you see - just forget about the poor tour in itself.

2  Thank sandiUKLondon
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I wouldn't recommend anyone to take the tour in the Klementinum. As a student I paid 140 CZK. Our tour guide was apperently new to this job, so she apologized in the beginning, that her english wasn't excellent. But it wasn't just not excellent, it was incomprehensible, I had a really hard time keeping up with what she said. although she really didn't tell us that much about the clementinum. She rushed us through the building and didn't even give us time to actually look at the beautiful paintings or the exhibitions.
I was really disappointed by this tour. At least the view from the tower was quite nice.

1  Thank cleverrainbow