“Convenient, Large Rooms, Noisy Loacation”

Residence La Fenice
Ranked #340 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Convenient, Large Rooms, Noisy Loacation”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was large but exposed to a lot of extraneous noise from groups partying in the adjoining rooms and workmen on the roof all day (we were on the top floor, so the skylights provided good cross-ventilation). The breakfast was severely lacking. After the first morning I brought my own baked goods since the bread could have been the back cover of my guidebook.

Room Tip: Avoid being put in a room adjacent to a large group spread over several rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OompaDave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Woburn sands
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great hotel situated in the arty area of Prague, 3 stops from the centre on the metro, The rooms were huge, king size bed with lounge, kitchen & bathroom, all huge rooms. My wife and i stayed here for 4 nights and I can not fault anything about our accomodation, I will definately return to Prague and will definately stay at La Fenice. Thank you for making our stay in Prague a wonderful few days.

Room Tip: All rooms are huge you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paulolly
Adela P, Guest Relations Manager at Residence La Fenice, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Paulolly,

Thank you very much for taking time to get back to us with your comment. We are happy that you and your wife had such a wonderful stay and that the rooms and our staff met all your needs. We hope that you will have a chance to come back to Prague soon as we will be looking forward to see you soon in Residence La Fenice.

With warm greetings,

Adela
Prague
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Breakfast not very complete and the quality is not excellent but for the rest is very good.Good receptionist, good position, very big rooms, very quite hotel is excellent to sleep..............................

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Adela P, Guest Relations Manager at Residence La Fenice, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear M Marco,

Thank you for such a great comment about Residence La Fenice. We take into consideration your comment about the breakfast quality. We hope you will choose our hotel if will plan a next trip to Prague,

Best Regards
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lets start with the good: the rooms are spacious, the hotel is conveniently located near Metro line A, and they have beautiful girls working here.

Now for the rest. One of the door handles came off when we first arrived at the room - that should have been warning enough! We stayed in rooms 205 and 206a. One of the rooms had a wet-room shower, which was great until we realised that it did not drain properly and water ran out of the bathroom into the room itself. Each room has a boiler, and the one in 205 kept making a knocking sound most of the night - the toilet seat was also broken. The staff didn't empty/take out our rubbish bins even though they made up the rest of our room. The beds are very uncomfortable. The "included" breakfast is basically some sliced meat and cheese with some cereal. No scrambled egg, no bacon, no orange juice - I even had to ask for plates and bowls, and a girl who didn't speak English just handed me a big stack of plates, presumably to distribute amongst the guests myself! Some of the boiled eggs were actually only part-boiled.. and part raw!

The frustrating thing is that this could be a great hotel - but it is far from that, so choose another.

Room Tip: Do not use 206a
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Joeyjojoshabadoo76
ERIC F, Manager at Residence La Fenice, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you so much for taking the time on writing a review. I want to tell you that it was a pleasure serving you and your family. Also thank you for the compliment to our receptionists and location. I have asked the staff about the situation during your stay. The answer was that a different room was offered after the technical problems, but you did prefer to stay in the original one. We made big changes if we mention the breakfast and we are still working on to be close to perfect. The staff is different and we improved in the selection and quality of the food as well.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience during your stay and we hope that when you come back one day your prediction will come true.

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Milano
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Situated not in the centre but close to tram station, and underground station, especialli Muzeum is 1 stop from here.
Rooms are enough spacious, when I first entered the room I smelt cigarette smoke a bit and was not so nice, room was cold and breakfast very poor. TV was not working. I didn't care a lot about all this stuff because I was always out but I think are really important deciding about the residente stay...Bathroom was in the average and bedroom was nice. On the pillow I found some hair...but sometimes happen everuwhere!
I would suggest because of the price.

Room Tip: Is ok for a quick stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ERIC F, Manager at Residence La Fenice, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience about your stay at Residence La Fenice. Your comments are important to us to avoid this situation in the future. As we are non smoking property, we are concern about the cigarette smell. Even we inform our guests not to smoke in the room it probably happened that previous guest did not follow this restriction. In this case is always important to inform our receptionist for the room change. Regarding the TV problem is necessary to inform hotel staff so they can check and fix it if necessary, or to show you how to operate the device. We have changed the supplier for the breakfast two weeks ago and we hope, that we will have just positive feedback from now. Each room has central heating so it is possible to regulate in the room as needed and our housekeeping ladies are always willing to do it if you do not know how to operate it. Last but not least is the hair you found. We put the cleanliness as our priority and the bedding is always changed for the new guest, but our housekeeping are informed always to double check. Once again, thank you for your review and I truly hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Residence La Fenice in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Husband and I stayed here for one night before joining a tour at a much more expensive hotel. Upon arrival we were shown our room. Past reviews - and our confirmation - said "sitting room" but our room was a small triangle, with a large wardrobe and one chair filling ALL vacant space. I tried to get by to see if I would be able to get out of bed in night - and a piece of metal on the bed tore my slacks. This was unacceptable - it could have been my bare leg. Receptionist showed me only two rooms left and allowed us to have the bigger room, although "it costs more." I think this is a room like other reviewers get, as there definitely was a "sitting area" in the room. I was glad they changed us, but people should be warned that not all rooms are spacious, as we were led to believe.
Breakfast was good, and location was fantastic, also the free wi-fi (the more expensive group's hotel had neither advantages!)
We were in the room such a short time, that I did not get a photo.

Room Tip: See the room before agreeing on it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The surprise was that we booked this through Easyjet Holidays, (there's a first time for everything!), so our expectations were 'budget' - but no! The accomodation was ideal. We travelled with our two children. We more or less had a suite! Spacious double room for us, adjoining twin for the girls, big walk in wet-room shower and a kitchenette! Great views across the park, opposite. Warm Friendly Staff.
There didn't appear to be any power in the breakfast room but warm 'condom covered' frankfurter sausages and HB eggs and standard Euro breakfasts.
The walk to and from Wenceslas Square was a bit of a trek with children after a day's shopping and sight seeing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family