It's a good "2-star" hotel pretty close to the center of Prague. I know: they say "4-stars", but the one that's right is me!
It's 10-15 min walking from Wenceslas Square and very close to the Metro green line- "A", the right one for Malastrana, the castle, the city center and the bus connection to the airport.
Prices are really competitive; breakfast is good and included.
And these were the good news.
The bad ones are the following, included in my recommendations:
1) If you are traveling by car, well, YOUR CAR COMES FIRST! The Taurus hotel has a very limited parking capacity. First reserve your parking site (YOU MUST DO ) and only after that book your room. A family that checked-in before me had serious problems and finally they left their car on the road. Not recommended.
2) AVOID THE FIFTH FLOOR. Did I say "2-stars" before? Well, I would cut another one for the fifth floor. This floor was “fast & furious(ly)” adapted to host guests given probably the increasing demand. The result is really poor, but this should not prevent the staff from regularly cleaning the rooms. Avoid in particular room 510 and 501 (it’s not dyslexia…)
3) CALL TO RESERVE, or in case you do it by internet, CALL TO CONFIRM. In one word: CALL!!! I did my reservation on line by Expedia and a clear message stated “No need to call us for confirmation. Your room is already confirmed”. It was true: a room was booked and confirmed…. indicatively. I booked one room with matrimonial bed and I had 2 separated beds; difficult to change once on site due to the high number of guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel TAURUS * * * * is situated in the centre of the city right in the METRO underground station, just a few minutes from the Wenceslas Square, the National Museum and the Old Town, in the superb quarter of Royal Vinohrady.There are many shops and restaurants and a modern Flora shopping centre near the hotel or the New Jewish Cemetery, where also the world-famous writer Franz Kafka has been buried.Do not miss the view of Prague from the nearby Zizkov TV Tower, either from the restaurant (66m) or from the observation cabin (93m).The hotel provides accommodation in 57 rooms. Most rooms are equipped with antique furniture from the turn of the 19th century and some rooms are equipped with modern furniture. Each room provides a bathroom with a shower and toilet, an LCD TV set with a satellite receiver, mini bar, wifi connection, direct phone, safe deposit box, hair dryer, toiletries and aids for making tea and coffee (free of charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Taurus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.