Hotel Taurus
      • Restaurant
      Very Good 4/5
      Very Good 4/5
      • Breakfast included
      All reviewsmetro stationantique furnishingsfifth floormini bartoilet paperclose to the hotelpublic transportthe room was nicecomfortable bedsbreakfast buffetnight stayquiet areahotel staffthree nightscity centreeach morningold town
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed June 6, 2012

2 female friends, ages 70 & 40 visited Prague for 6 days. Overall we were very happy about the hotel. Beside being priceworthy and well situated, it presented a generous breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the young lady at the reception, with the day's news, temperatures etc. printed out for the breakfast table. Sadly the computer was out of order. Our only complaint: the bedcovers were just folded back over the rumpled sheets & not much cleaning seems to have been done in the room.

Room Tip: beware of the noisy pidgeons!!!
      • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
      1  Thank Erzsébet Y
      Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice hotel near metro station (Jiriho z Podebrad), aboout 3 mins by walk. We really liked the location.
      We came by car so we used car parking in the hotel for 12 Euros per night.
      The room was furnished with historical furniture. Our windows were not faced to the street, so we had quiet night. One negative was that door or walls were tiny so we could hear noise from corridor.
      The staff was very friendly and helpful.
      Breakfast was OK, could be better for 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with historical furniture :-)
      • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
      Reviewed May 17, 2012

We booked a double room over hotels.com on this hotel in the end of January and got ourselves a very good deal: two persons, one night, including breakfast for 30 €.

The staff was very friendly and we didn't even have to ask for the password for the wireless internet when we checked in. Room was quite small and the doors thin (you could hear everything in the corridor outside), but it was clean and looked nice with old style furniture.

The breakfast buffet was nothing special but you had the basic things like bread, scrambled eggs, drinks etc. It wasn't bad or anything, but after having read praising reviews about this breakfast our expectations were quite high, and reality didn't live up to them.

Location was also great, only one block to the metro Jiřího z Poděbrad‎, from which it is only a few stations to Museum for example.

In the neighborhood you can also find some nice restaurants to a fair price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
      Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel was just ok... I actually don't think it's a 4-star hotel. I went here with my choir friends as we were on a trip to join a choir festival in Prague. The hotel was assigned by the festival organizer.

Overall as I said the hotel was ok. I and one roommate got assigned a room at the top floor. Please note: they only have one elevator and it's really teeny-tiny. As we had a large group (about 20 of us), most of the time we have to climb the stairs, and it's pretty tiring to climb 4 floors up! They also did not have a bell-boy or something like that (or maybe there were but they were not enough to accommodate 20+ of us), so we had to lug our luggages 4 floors up.

My room did not really look like a polished hotel room, probably more like a good hostel room? My roommate and I got assigned a double bed, with an ensuite. It was an attic room so the ceiling was slanted (my roommate knocked her head once). The furniture looked IKEA-ish. There were some room to put our luggage and hang our coats though, so that was good.

I've also visited some other rooms that are not attic rooms. Interestingly the other rooms had a more vintage/rustic look to it - one of my friends' rooms was decorated with white-gold wardrobe and an antique-looking dressing table.

Oh and they have free wi-fi so that's good! I also liked the staff as they were kind enough to help me post postcards back home (all the postcards reached!)

Of course the highlight is the breakfast... That was some breakfast. They had a really huge spread of meat (ham, sausage, salami, etc.), bread (lots of variety), jam, muesli, yoghurt, and my favourite.. Scrambled eggs and bacon. The breakfast also provided some fruits, orange juice, cakes, etc. Really excellent breakfast! The dining area was a bit small and stuffy though (probably because it's in the basement?).

Location wise I can't really comment as most of the time we were brought around Prague in a tour bus. Although I know that the nearest station is about 7 minutes walk from the hotel and it's only 3-4 stops away from the main station (Mustek).

Overall it was ok during our stay in Prague.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor room if possible so you don't need to wait for the teeny-tiny elevator or walk up stairs to get to your room.
      • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
      Reviewed April 18, 2012

We arrived into Prague and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
      It was in a good location and at first we thought we picked a winner with this hotel. Until we realised that the walls of this hotel are paper thin and you can hear other guest in every room come in and out of the hotel ALL NIGHT from 12am till 3am. I actually had to leave the room and knock on doors at one point and tell other guest to shut up. And I'm normally a very tolerant man.

The staff were friendly and spoke english however we had a HUGE stuff around with getting laundry done. We asked if they could arrange it for us which they did... however we did not get out clothes back the same day as requested. Then we were stuffed around and told it would be ready for the next morning at 8am. We almost missed our flight waiting for our clothes.

The staff didn't show that they really cared about our situation or offer anything in return for the stuff around that nearly led to us missing our flight.

I wouldn't reccomend this hotel if you are after a good night sleep or good service.

Room Tip: All the rooms have paper thing walls and hard to sleep!
      • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple