“Aspects of Alice: It's not a Black Light Theatre”

Ta Fantastika Black Light Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
$31.29*
and up
Aspects of Alice - Black Light Theatre Ta...
Ranked #22 of 151 Concerts & Shows in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The ROYAL Theatre presents an original one man comedy show starring Tomas Vanek, an outstanding musical actor 100 % IN ENGLISH ( Basic English, very easy to understand ) In this unique and interactive show, Tomas Vanek will teach you how to eat, drink, sing, dress, dance, love … and laugh like a true Czech! Keen to learn something about the Czechs…but too afraid to ask? How and why do people drink beer, what’s going on with that sandal and sock combo and who exactly is Karel Gott? French native Jean Christophe Gramont, the man behind in the play, didn’t know either when he first arrived here 14 years ago. Now he’s decided to write a play about his journey towards becoming a Czech Don’t miss this unrivalled show set in the wonderful surroundings of the original 1929 ROYAL Theatre Bonus : come and discover our original pop up expo: how to become Czech in 1 hour . Come before the show or stay after and discover our unique bar ranked amongst top 6 bars in Prague by ELLE magazine
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Last week I had the chance to attend in Prague to a supposing Black Light performance called Aspects of Alice in the Theatre Fantastika. I paid 720 czk for it waiting for a good black light performance but when the show started it could not be more dissapointing. This show is not a Black light performance. It's just a boring, senseless and bizarre show with five minutes of black light performance and then one hour and twenty five minutes of pantomime where some actors and actresses play a bad taste show. The story line has no sense and it includes two actresses in top less playing..., what? If you want to waste your money, please attend to Aspects of Alice, but if you want to see a good show keep on searching in other theatres because I'm sure any other performace is better than this one.

Date of experience: March 2013
"auditorium"
"abstract"
"masterpiece"

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife, myself and a friend went to see "Aspects of Alice" at Ta Fantastika Theatre based on a recommendation from a friend of a friend. The show was very expensive, much longer than it needed to be, and, in parts, poorly executed. It was frustrating because there were some good and clever moments, but they weren't developed. However, some very repetitive moments seemed to go on WAY too long. The bit with the candle holder and the candle flame comes to mind. If you get the chance to see "Aspects of Alice," pass it up. There are better things to do in Prague.

Date of experience: February 2013
4  Thank Ed M
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I really can't understand some of the negative reviews on here - I thought it was completely magical and would happily recommend it to anybody going to Prague. It is the first blacklight show I have seen (definitely not the last) so I can't say how good it is in comparison to other productions. People claiming there was no story to Aspects of Alice must have a very dull imagination. The story isn't spelled out for you and there are plenty of ambiguous scenes, but that just adds to the intrigue.

The creativity on show was immense. I won't detail it as I think that the surprises add to the enjoyment, but people who say this show is repetitive confuse me.

Perhaps expensive for Prague, but as a Brit I thought £20 or so for this was a steal.

A note on the nudity: it isn't sexualised at all, and it leads to a truly touching moment that perhaps wouldn't be possible without the nudity.

Date of experience: December 2012
9  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen and my degree was in theatre. We went to see Aspects of Alice. It might give me nightmares I'm not sure yet. Do not expect to know what's going on, this show has nothing to do with Alice in Wonderland and there is no talking so it wasn't a language barrier thing. It's very amateur and very pricey, The sets are luminous in the black light and the effect allows for old fashioned theatre tricks where things appear to float about. Some of the tricks were good, some were dodgy. From other reviews I've seen a lot of people give up after act one, BUT WAIT! if you stay for act two Alice strips off in a section presumably dedicated to sexual awakening. Not in a sensual way, in a creepy 'Oh my God that magician is going to do her!' way. Do not take children or your mother, you will be embarrassed. Also the soundtrack will make you want to commit homicide.

Date of experience: October 2012