“An Excellent Outing”

Taste Of Prague
Ranked #2 of 119 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The idea behind the Taste of Prague food tours is simple. You follow a local foodie. You eat the best dishes in Prague’s best restaurants frequented by the locals and talk about what you eat and why, and how the food, wine and beer reflects the society, the country and its history and present. We keep our tours fresh, small and personal. Come hungry. Stretch pants optional, but recommended.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Taste of Prague gets high marks for providing and interesting taste experience in Prague - unique and entertaining.
As is usual with a food tour a word of caution to not eat beforehand if you want to partake of all that's offered.
Firstly expect top notch communication from Zuzi who will answer emails promptly and clearly,
easily accommodating schedules and special requests.
Jan, the tour host, is a passionate, knowledgeable and friendly guide who will introduce you to culinary opportunities in Prague that you will only have access to with this tour.
Stick close him when walking and eating to get the most out of his commentary and answers, as the venues can be noisy. Also bone up on local politics and culture ahead of time as Jan will provide expert colorful explanations. His follow up information and tips are also invaluable -
a follow up email with personal annotation came the next day.

4  Thank JoBoLasher
There are newer reviews for Taste Of Prague

Reviewed November 1, 2013

It may seem pointless to add yet another "Excellent" review to all the others, but the tour was so good that I feel I must. There were six in our group, escorted by Jan. His personal style, friendliness, communication and knowledge are all top-notch. The places visited were varied and interesting, covering a range of Czech foods. All this was accompanied by a fascinating guide to food, history and Prague, complete with supporting videos and photos on an iPAD. We were not expecting much from Czech food, so we decided to take the tour on our first day in the city. It was a good decision, because with the knowledge gained we were able to eat very well for the remainder of our stay and visit a farmers market. Jan and Zuzi provide a wealth of information on restaurants, walks and places to visit, supplied via .pdf. A big thank you to Jan. The tour is very highly recommended.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Hello this is Milos Zemin taking time out from the pub to write a little review about the dear people at a Taste of Prague.

Actually, (one moment until I put out this cigarette) it is not a review but an opportunity to say a thousand thank yous once more. Everything has been said elsewhere here and these bright young people do not need little me to enhance their business but more importantly a love of theirs.

I am saying a big thank you as I took my mum to Prague for the first time for us both. On the day we had the beautiful Karolina (yes your President fell in love with your grace, charm and personality within seconds) as our guide/ friend. She even arranged for the waiters at Cestr restaurant to sing a chorus of Happy birthday for my mum and with a little cake. Class!

I would have been happy just staying there for the entire tour but off we went to 3 other venues.

The highest praise I can give is that if I ever had the good fortune to be in Prague again then I would do the tour again and know I would not be bored for one second! If you are reading these reviews and considering whether to do this tour then don't consider just do it and be charmed by genuine, sincere people who have a pasdion and care for what they do!!

Before I return to the pub to entertain someone called David Cameron (no I have never heard of him either) I just want to widh all the very best to Zuzzi/Jan and Karolina have an amazing time in Australia and thanks for looking after my mum

PS

The two ladies from the USA who were on the tour with us were lovely too

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor, we took a chance with Taste of Prague and let them organize basically our whole stay in Prague, and we do not regret doing so in the slightest. We stayed in their apartment and joined their food tour on our second day in Prague. We now wish a service like this was available in any city we visit.
The apartment is great and very playful but you can definitely see that Zuzi and Jan put a lot of thought into the design and the amenities. Everything we needed was there: an iMac with printer, world plug adapters, iPhone chargers, washer and dryer, Prague guides, magazines, CDs, DVDs, simply everything. The service provided in addition to the apartment was impeccable. Getting to the apartment was very easy thanks to the detailed directions we received. On arrival, we received customized maps of the area and of the centre with suggestions for daily activities in Prague. Also, Jan took us on a short tour of the surroundings to show us where to go, where to eat, what to see etc. They also arranged an open tab for us at the local bistro where we ended up having breakfast most of the time. Zuzi and Jan say they want their guests to blend in with the locals and services like this really help in that respect.
The food tour was also fantastic. The food was absolutely delicious, and it was really hard to pick a favorite. We also loved with wines! We felt we were taken to genuine local places, not to touristy places that only pretend to be local. The iPad presentations were fantastic and really did put some insight into the things that we were seeing on the streets of Prague.
We absolutely loved our time in Prague and we think Taste of Prague deserves most of the credit. These people do care, and it clearly shows. Do yourself a favor and give them a call. You’ll be happy you did.

1  Thank NickyMarty
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Taste of Prague can make your trip. Jan was so charming, so informative. Not only did we get an overview of Czech cuisine, but also of Czech culture and history. Armed with his trusty iPad, Jan was able to distill the complicated history of the Czech Republic into a short presentation of the paper money. If you start your visit with the Taste of Prague tour, they will set you up for the rest of your stay with a well-curated list of places to eat, things to do and what to see. Tremendous bang for the buck.

1  Thank chefjules