“Excellent tour, even for non-foodies”
Review of Taste Of Prague

Taste Of Prague
Ranked #2 of 115 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The idea behind the Taste of Prague food tours is simple. You follow a local foodie. You eat the best dishes in Prague’s best restaurants frequented by the locals and talk about what you eat and why, and how the food, wine and beer reflects the society, the country and its history and present. We keep our tours fresh, small and personal. Come hungry. Stretch pants optional, but recommended.
Peoria, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent tour, even for non-foodies”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Zuzi and Jan provide an excellent culinary and cultural tour. My partner Dan and I went to Prague to celebrate my 50th birthday. We signed up for this tour to ensure successful dining experiences in Prague. Dan has a hard time keeping on weight and typically loses weight during vacations. This leaves him with a negative impression. No only did we leave the "Taste of Prague" tour stuffed -- it was SOOO good -- but Zuzi and Jan provided a restaurant list to use during the rest of our vacation. Also, Zuzi and Jan surprised me with a sparkling and tasty birthday treat at one of our stops (thanks guys!). Needless to say, Dan left Prague fat (<not really) and happy. He loved it like I did. Kudos! Julie

PS: We found *the* tennis shoes; so many colors!
PSS: OMG...Lokál has the best schnitzel on the planet!!!

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"High Recommended"”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I had such a wonderful time spent with you eating our way through Prague. Our guides, Zuzi and Jan, were really warm and friendly. They are both filled with information about the history of Prague and the Country. It felt like an evening with friends. Do not miss this tour.

1 Thank Tony L
Cape Cod, MA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Culture and Food of Prague was Perfect”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I loved this tour of Prague with this most informative and interesting young couple. The food,wine and culture were all included with wonderful insights into the daily life of this couple and their parents before and after Communist rule. What a wonderful way to spend our last night in Prague before starting our Avalon Danube River Cruise!

2 Thank roberta12
Lewisville, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Culinary Tour of Prague!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a great experience and definitely the highlight of our time in Prague. My wife and I went on this tour with 2 other couples (they keep groups very small to make sure it's an intimate experience) and Jan and Zuzi did an amazing job introducing us to the culture and food of the Czech Republic. From beers and wines to steak and chicken, to traditional Czech desserts they are true culinary experts. They keep the food and conversation going (their English is perfect, better than mine in fact) and there's never a dull moment. It was great to hear not only about different Czech foods but also about Czech culture. Jan and Zuzi share their stories under Communism and the evolution of the Czech republic.

This is a must if you love food and find yourself in Prague. Book quickly as their dance card tends to fill up fast!

Visited July 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“What a fantastic intro to Czech culture!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Once I had read the reviews of this tour, I just had to book it! And it was all that others have indicated, and more. Jan and Zusi are such warm people! It was so interesting to hear their perspectives on growing up in the Czech Republic, current issues and feelings, family stories, and the "behind the scenes" kind of info that you would only have access to if you were visiting close friends or family. Our group of 6 were an interesting lot, too - a mother/daughter from South Africa and an American couple currently living and working in Dubai. Excellent conversations and fun time all around. The restaurants and foods they chose gave us a perfect introduction to the real cuisine on the area, not the cheesy tourist places around the Charles Bridge. Plenty of it, and a very good variety. One of if not the best things we did on our whole trip.