“Taste of Prague April 2012”
Review of Taste Of Prague

Taste Of Prague
Ranked #2 of 119 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The idea behind the Taste of Prague food tours is simple. You follow a local foodie. You eat the best dishes in Prague’s best restaurants frequented by the locals and talk about what you eat and why, and how the food, wine and beer reflects the society, the country and its history and present. We keep our tours fresh, small and personal. Come hungry. Stretch pants optional, but recommended.
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This was a wonderful tour with an insight to some culinary traditions of the region sprinkled with interesting stories and history lesson all in one evening. Could not ask for a better experience. Most of the other reviews cover the details of the tour itself. Highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Donna Lee P
There are newer reviews for Taste Of Prague

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We are passionate about food so we always try to take a food tour whenever we travel somewhere, and I have to say this one was easily one of the best I've taken so far. It was an eye-opening experience in many respects: Zuzi and Jan, the guides and the owners of the company, are carefully set each food in the context of Czech history and culture, so you get to taste really delicious food AND learn a lot in the process. The tasting walk is not your regular tour - since the number of participants is limited, the setting is much more intimate and friendlier. You get to know your guides and the other participants in the group so much better, it feels like you're with a group of old friends. Zuzi and Jan really love their town and Czech food, and it shows - they are happy to tell you about local venues and events we would have otherwise missed. Another thing I really liked about the tour is that it was never hurried (which is something I cannot say about many other tours we have taken). We had a great time on the tour and definitely recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Roger M
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The tour was absolutely wonderful! Our guides, Zuzi and Jan, were really warm and friendly, and it felt more like hanging out with friends than being on a tour. They introduced us to foods that were specific to the Czech Republic and it was all very interesting and delicious. I really enjoyed how they peppered their tour with information on the history of Czech Republic (complete with videos and photos on their ipad), even sharing their personal stories on what life was like, pre-and post Communism.

If you want to experience the Czech Republic in a personal, relaxing, and enjoyable manner, this tour is a must!

To get the most out of the tour, do let them know if you have any dietary restrictions, food preferences, alcohol or non-alcohol preferences, etc.

1  Thank thesmee
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I wanted to get a local's take on Czech cuisine for the trip my wife and I took to Prague due to all of the Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern I watch on the Travel Channel. Research into the options for this in Prague turned up the Taste of Prague tour run by Zuzi and Jan. I have to say that my wife and I had an awesome time on the tasting walk. I won't recount the whole tour as it was basically the same as other reviews have detailed. I really appreciated getting exposed to the Czech foods that Zuzi and Jan grew up with and learning about the background on these foods. It was the kind of information that you cannot get by just going to a restaurant and ordering the food. Several of the dishes we tried were things that I probably wouldn't have ordered anywhere, but everything they introduced us to was very tasty. It was also great to get their perspective on life growing up in the Czech Republic during Communist times. Zuzi and Jan really run a great tour.
They also sent us a list of restaurants and bars they recommended in Prague, which was very helpful. Every place we went on the list was excellent. As we were going to Vienna and Budapest after Prague, we asked them if they had any recommendations and Zuzi sent an email of places they liked in those cities. I can't say enough great things about Zuzi and Jan. Their tour is a must do when going to Prague.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Jan and Zuzi are a sophisticated, hip couple that show you a window into Prague's contemporary history and food/culture. Loved it! Jan has some awesome videos and photos presentations on his IPad and Zuzi comes armed with her dad's brandy liquor and shot glasses! They also gave us amazing restaurant reccomendations for our stay in Prague and drove us to the airport so we could make our flight as it was cutting it close to the end of our tour.