“Memorable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
GJ Residence Na Vinohradu
Ranked #30 of 368 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am travelling alone to Prague and this is one of my best stay throughout my solo trip in Europe.

The b&b is situated in a neighbourhood area in Prague but is 10-15mins away from City Centre.

If you are going to the b&b the first time, I will highly recommend you to take a cab first. Jan gave a very precise description via email on how to get to the B&B through public transport. However, as it is a neighborhood area, it may not be easy to locate the B&B on your first try. There are some uphill and downhill slope nearby and it is no joke when you are wheeling your luggage around and trying to find the B&B. Hence, my advise is to request them to help you book a cab and send you straight to their B&B.

After I check into the b&b, I was given instruction on how to get to city centre. It was fairly easy. Just walk straight and after you pass by the first row of shophouses, make a turn right and walk straight all the way to the tram station. You can take tram 3 or 17 to Old Town Square or Wenceslas square.

They have tram tickets available and just request for the tram tickets from them before you leave the B&B.

I love their breakfast every morning! The selection of breakfast is different everyday and the home-made chocolate cake is fabulous!

Most importantly, their bed and pillow is so comfortable! I did not have a good rest in Vienna prior to my trip to Prague so it was welcoming to have such comfy bed and pillow in my room. A couple of times, I was reluctant to get up from the bed and have to really force myself to get up.

I also noticed they stay up till midnight to ensure I was back safe & sound on my first night in Prague.

There are some good restaurant, pubs, supermarket, small shops that sells specialty like alcohol or wine and the whole area gives off a good, quiet and laid-back atmosphere.

I experience good service and have a good 'homely feel' in the B&B. It was comforting especially to a solo Asian female traveller like me.

Loved the quiet and quaint neighbourhood area. Highly recommended for travellers who like to stay away from the noisy city centre and experience the quaint small town & neighbourhood feel in Prague.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
navinohraduCZ, Owner at GJ Residence Na Vinohradu, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your thorough review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yours Sincerely
Jan Gleza

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wrote to enquire about our stay only at midnight 2 nights before arriving and had a reply waiting for me the morning before which was fantastic. We confirmed the booking and gave our arrival times (by train) to friendly Jan and Jarmila which was in the evening. Our train was delayed and Jan called to check if we were alright getting back to the hotel.(The plan was to take public transport but we had not changed money and all shops were closed). The taxi touts are really active in Prague Hbf when they see desperate travellers and Jan told us how much to expect to pay. In the end he arranged for a taxi pickup and paid for it first, putting it on our bill. We even got juice and cake which was really great as we missed dinner.
The room was cosy and nice and I appreciated the the fan for the warm weather! Also, hairdryer was a plus.
The next days, he was very helpful with information, could explain travel routes and also has public transport tickets ready for you to buy there and the breakfast spread was good. It was just nice to know someone was waiting to welcome you back at the end of the day too. Also, his recommendation to see the Mucha exhibition was absolutely great. If it's still on, go see it!
Finally, we checked out and left our luggage at the hotel and, as we rushed to pick it up and make our bus, Jan saw us off with 2 very cold cans of orange juice which was so nice on the hot day. GJ was not in the most central part of town but only about 10 minutes slow walk to the tram stop and worth it to be hosted by this extremely friendly and caring family. You can be sure someone is taking care of you during your stay in Prague!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed a the GJ Residence for 8 nights. The B&B is first-rate. We thoroughly enjoyed our time staying at Jan's B&B, as he is a very conscientious gentleman who takes great pride in ensuring that his guests are well-taken care of. I would like to also note how kind his family is, always welcoming, and were kind enough to lend us some items for a trip to a nearby swimming complex.

For guests staying at the GJ Residence during the summer months, I'd like to suggest going to the 'Zlute Lazne' riverside park (which is between the B&B and old town, about 15 minutes away by foot/tram). It has beach volleyball courts, small water fountains for kids to play in, a grass area for picnics, outdoor beer gardens, etc. We enjoyed live outdoor music for free one night, as well as an Italian film played on an outdoor screen the next. Wow! The barbecue food available for purchase was extremely tasty too. You'll certainly see how the locals enjoy their summers.

All-in-all, Prague is obviously a wonderful place to visit. That said, we would like to thank Jan for his kindness and hospitality. We hope to visit him again someday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 918PaulA918
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our stay with Jan was lovely. We had a car rental, so we especially appreciated the free parking outside. Jan was so helpful, and explained everything that tourists need to know. It's easy to get into town on the tram--about 12 minutes. The nearby Italian restaurant is also reasonable with good food and a fun atmosphere . His breakfasts were delicious--a little something different everyday, and homemade too! There is no a/c, but the nights are cool, and there is a fan which I put on the window sill to blow in the cool air, so it was comfortable. We'd highly recommend this place. My only regret is not taking a picture of Jan and his family for our scrapbook!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at the GJ Resisence was perfect. Jan and his family made us feel comfortable and at home in their beautiful 19th century house just 10 minutes walk from the tram station. The local pub around the corner also deserve mentioning! As well as the Italian restaurant La Carezza. Awsome! Thank you Jan! We'll be back in 2014.

Best,
Hanna, Hilda and Kitty

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Neurogoose
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at Jan's pension with my son for a couple of nights. The pension is an old refurbished house in the outskirts of Prague only 10-15 min by tram to the center. The place is charming in many ways, clean and quiet. Jan the owner contributes to this, he is pleasant, helpful, informative and open. The breakfast was very good. Definitively better than an hotel downtown, in comparison impersonal and packed with tourists . I warmly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

GJ Residence was an excellent stop in prague. The room was large and clean with its own bathroom. The room stayed cool despite the fact that it was scorching hot outside. The staff was very friendly and gave helpful travel tips for getting around Prague. A bonus is that the restaurants near the residence are much more affordable than similar restaurants in the tourist zone while still offering top notch food. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple