“Excellent place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
GJ Residence Na Vinohradu
Ranked #29 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our stay with Jan was lovely. We had a car rental, so we especially appreciated the free parking outside. Jan was so helpful, and explained everything that tourists need to know. It's easy to get into town on the tram--about 12 minutes. The nearby Italian restaurant is also reasonable with good food and a fun atmosphere . His breakfasts were delicious--a little something different everyday, and homemade too! There is no a/c, but the nights are cool, and there is a fan which I put on the window sill to blow in the cool air, so it was comfortable. We'd highly recommend this place. My only regret is not taking a picture of Jan and his family for our scrapbook!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at the GJ Resisence was perfect. Jan and his family made us feel comfortable and at home in their beautiful 19th century house just 10 minutes walk from the tram station. The local pub around the corner also deserve mentioning! As well as the Italian restaurant La Carezza. Awsome! Thank you Jan! We'll be back in 2014.

Best,
Hanna, Hilda and Kitty

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Neurogoose
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at Jan's pension with my son for a couple of nights. The pension is an old refurbished house in the outskirts of Prague only 10-15 min by tram to the center. The place is charming in many ways, clean and quiet. Jan the owner contributes to this, he is pleasant, helpful, informative and open. The breakfast was very good. Definitively better than an hotel downtown, in comparison impersonal and packed with tourists . I warmly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

GJ Residence was an excellent stop in prague. The room was large and clean with its own bathroom. The room stayed cool despite the fact that it was scorching hot outside. The staff was very friendly and gave helpful travel tips for getting around Prague. A bonus is that the restaurants near the residence are much more affordable than similar restaurants in the tourist zone while still offering top notch food. I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank ChrisB154954
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Prague is busy, noisy and full of tourists - and I mean full. We decided to stay at a cheaper pension/b&b out of town a bit (about 10 minutes on the tram) and I was wondering if we had made the right decision. Prague is romantic and picturesque - wouldn't it be lovely to wake up with the iconic sites at your doorstep. May be - but you would also pay a lot more and have all the noise that goes with it. GJ Residence Na Vinohradu is a lovey renovated residence run by Jan - who could not be more helpful. Large room, good bathroom, comfortable bedding, satellite tv (with a plethora of channels including BBC, Sky, Algazeria), wifi, clean, neat, newly decorated, and a fantastic (and I mean wonderfully generous) breakfast.. The breakfast includes hot cooked foods (eggs, sausages, meatloaf, vegetables etc that changes everyday), cold meats and cheeses, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit, cake, tea/coffee, juice etc etc etc. Enough to really set you up for the day. Jan is full of travel information and has the 30 and 90 minute transport cards ready for you to buy. Though not in the heart of the city - this is a great find for anyone traveling on a moderate budget and would rather forgo expensive heart of the city accommodation for a great b&b just a little bit further out.
If you don't mind being just out (and I mean just out) of the city centre - this place will not disappoint.
Also please note - the water is perfectly fine to drink from the tap. Think of the environment and stop buying all those plastic water bottles. There is a fridge in the room so you can esily have access to cool drinkable water for free.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and quiet (quiet residential neighbourhood), but if stairs are an issue ask for t...
3  Thank JSW1234
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed with my family at the GD Residence for 2 nights and was the perfect place for me.
The owner is very friendly and every time he is looking for help you with whatever you need, tickets train, wheather, directions, map and more.
The room was clean, the wifi works perfect, the breakfast was very good,
Its a very nice place to stay in Prague. I think the best.
Thanks for your help with the taxi to the airport, for the brekfast the last day al 4 o clock in the morning (was perfect!!!!)
Highly recommended!
The next time ill stay there again.
Thanks!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jorgeherreravw
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at the GJ Residence based on the reviews on tripadvisor and I was happy to discover that previous guests were right! It was an absolute pleasure staying at the bed and breakfast tucked away from the center of Prague that is packed with tourists!! While I enjoy seeing the must-see sights of any city I travel to, I don't want to be just another tourist but rather get the feel for the people and the neighborhoods and the like. This provided that location wise as I was still able to get down to the city in about 20 minutes by tram and the station being about 10 minute walk away from the residence. The hosts were FANTASTIC. The whole family was welcoming and hospitable. They all put an effort into ensuring you enjoy your stay which I really loved. Jan took my booking, ordered a taxi to collect me from the airport, and welcomed me upon arrival, the daughter provided me great company and conversation as I enjoyed my breakfast and even took me to Wenceslas Square and the father provided useful information of where to visit and even provided me with a snack as I waited for my taxi to the airport. The breakfast is really good and filling with a lot of variety. Rooms are decent with private bathrooms that are very clean. Overall great stay and highly recommended for first time travelers to Prague traveling alone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo