“amazing hospitality”

Ranked #7 of 659 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
“amazing hospitality”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Cannot praise this place enough. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed with friendly smiles and given coffee while one of the staff Claude gave us helpful information and took our luggage to our room. The room was in the attic very spacious with bedroom, kitchen and bathroom with great shower all very clean. We loved the wee balcony with lanterns and flowers perfect for sitting outside the room.
The location was ideal, right next to Charles bridge at the castle side. We were near to a tram stop which only took 10 mins to reach the castle.
The hostel was also a tourist information reception which offered guests free tours daily including a ghost tour. There was a ticket machine for trams and tickets on sale for concerts and shows. The staff were all excellent and gave us advice on local restaurants, bars and where to get the trams
I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel it is one of the best places I have stayed in for service, location and atmosphere, we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: If u don't mind walking to third floor the attic room was great for view out towards bridge and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This review comes very late, as I had stayed there in May 2012.
The location of this hostel is unbeatable, situated at the edge of Charles bridge. The hostel also has a tourist desk- if you wish to buy tickets for concert in churches, plays and ballets around town. They have an internet center, and also a machine to buy tram and metro tickets
The hostel is very clean and as a single woman traveller, I can say that it is very safe.
The staff is sweet and helpful- helped me to find mobile cards, all assistance with directions in the town, tram tickets and even offered some free brandy to me as I had arrived on a cold 1 deg celsius morning.
I also left my extra cash and passport in their locker at the front desk, without any worry.
Would recommend this hostel to all !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

had stayed in a few hostels during Europe trip last month, I must say Charles Bridge Economic Hostel is the best among all! Not only it is well located (with Tourist Info centre situated in there as well! and charles bridge literally just outside the hostel), the staff members were very helpful with cheerful smile and friendly attitude. I stayed in the female only dorm (7 in a room, Room looks wonderful), and surprisingly it doesn't feel squashed for 7 pax (maybe because of the lack of bunk beds unlike other hostels), in fact very very spacious! the bathroom was spacious too. They offer free use of washing machine (another plus if you're on a long vacation!), free internet access and public computers to use, atm in the hostel in case you need cash, discounted/ free tours if you stay there (Segway is 50% off, another must do!), and free cold bottled water which you can take however many you want/need!! i booked my airport transfer with them too (for a fee), the driver even helped me with my luggage (there was no elevator and the room was situated upstairs). Anyways to sum up (i could go on and on but really should stop :)) you can't go wrong with this place, highly recommended :)))

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Although i did not stay in this hostel, I did however experience their superb hospitality first hand. My stay in Prague wouldn't be as awesome if it had not been with the help of the people behind the counter of this hostel. First off, the location. This is the PERFECT location for people looking for accommodation near the attractions, still considerably busy with people at night (as of course if you are staying in a quieter place it would be a bit scary to go back at night), yet is not as noisy as it would be at night staying in THE CENTER of the city. It is literally about 10 to 20 steps (if you are asian like me) from right off the Charles Bridge on the lesser town side. Easily connected by the Metro line (if you come from the train station) as well as on foot. From the hostel to the old town square takes about 15-20 minutes walking (which you will enjoy, as you will have to cross the Charles Bridge every time you go to the old town. Believe me there's a different experience every time you cross the bridge) . Secondly , the staff are all so extremely friendly and their hospitality is out of this world. they will never be seen without a smile on their face. and each time we went to the counter,even to wait for our friend, they would offer us free drinks. and you could take free bottle of mineral water too. free use of the computer, free printing. they also offers a ghost tour for free for hostel guests. Unfortunately that is all i can say about their hostel as i havent been in their room myself as the rooms were already full when i tried to book. But thanks to Pavel who helped me and my friends to get another room nearby. The staff, they really do their best in order to make sure everyone gets the best experience in Prague. Seriously take up this place. You will have no regret.

The only confusion i can think of about this place is when my friends and i arrived , we saw their "banner" on the other side of the hostel and went knocking on the door and ringing their doorbell(which happens to be maybe a bar of some sort) of course no one answered us as it was at 7 in the morning. the hostel is actually on the road behind the one with the banner. Partly this was our fault as we got excited seeing the banner and not actually checking the road name. We stayed and waited in front of the bar/restaurant door for about half an hour before deciding to look around and actually finding the real hostel. also mind you as we have only arrived, we haven't got any maps of the city yet, we just went there following the instruction they gave from the email. but other than that, everything else is fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Unfortunately, we only stayed in this hostel one night. It was FANTASTIC. 4 of us had "the attic" which included a kitchenette that would make a week stay in Prague even better. It was comfortable, quiet, and "homey". The staff was exceptionally helpful and offered us free water, tea, and (damn good) coffee, over and over again.
They made perfect recommendations (including the free walking tour with Sandemans....look it up on here and do it), let us keep our bags in the storage room, and provided us with a very clean and comfortable room. It was quiet and I slept like a rock after a long day of sightseeing. Again, I am only disappointed that we couldn't stay longer on this trip. I'll definitely be back to Prague and I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are with 3 or 4 people, ask for "the attic". If you are staying for several days...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wyong, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a private triple room with our 10yo and I can honestly say this is better than a lot of four star hotels I have stayed in. We were in a top floor room that had a double & a single bed. To our surprise the room had table and chairs, plenty of cupboard space, a kitchen, with sink, a stove, a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a decent size with shower that had excellent water pressure. The view from our window was awesome, down onto the street with a view of Charles bridge tower. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We could help ourselves to water and they made us delicious coffee and Hot chocolate whenever we asked. The Wi-Fi was fast and location was straight off the Charles Bridge. Everything is in walking distance of the hostel. Gem of a find, if we ever come back to Prague will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights in a private double room, on arrival I was offered a drink, given lots of helpful advise and shown around the hostel. The staff are very friendly, and helped booked a day trip for me which included a discount for hostel guests. The room was lovely and clean, as was the bathroom, I booked with hostelbookers which said my room had its own kitchen, there wasn't one in the room which was a bit disappointing, but I used the communal kitchen just down the corridor which was fine. There was also no wardrobe or drawers for hanging clothes. The location is perfect, easy walking distance to all the major sights, and there is a handy grocery store just over the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo