“great indian food”

Ranked #572 of 5,664 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Description: Lal Qila, the people choice best rated Indian restaurant in Prague with the same old flavor of Indian food. We are trying hard to give the best and worth of money to our guest's by our taste of food and with our services. We named the restaurant on behalf of Red Fort located in Delhi which was built by the Emperor of India with a thought to safe the Indian culture in one roof, the same we are trying to do by giving best Indian food and taste with the blended flavor of spices from India.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Probably the best indian food in prague. The place is nice and cozy and the food was great. The egiptian waitress that took our orders was super nice and was willing to cater to all our needs in no time. Definately a place to visit more often and to recommend to friends!

2  Thank G L

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Came with my wife and daughter after looking at the reviews and number 22 out of 1818 places to eat in Prague I had to come here. First let me say I love indian and I eat a lot here in the uk but this has to be one of my top restaurants I have eaten in in terms of food and service. We came here and it was empty but then there is always a first. The restaurant is clean and decorated in a unique way. The waitress was polite and welcoming and seated us with the menu. She offered my 1 year old a high chair to sit. We had some dietry questions which she answered very well. My wife and I like really hot food so we ordered tomato sobje soup extra extra hot and shrimp vindaloo, chicken biriani and nan to have together. The food was presented well and portions were great. When we eat it it was amazing. The hotness still had the flavours to go with it. The curries are lot more stronger than the uk which makes it authentic. After food came more people came and the place got lively as did my 1 year old. I apologise to the staff but they were great and didnt mind. Soon as we eat we left. Before I left I asked if they do delivery and they said yes. So the next day we ordered a take away. I rang late and they had closed. The girl recognised my voice so she said she would do it for me. Amazing service. Food came on time n just as amazing as last. Its a little out of town but well worth the trip. We loved it. Oh and it was good value

3  Thank Foyez R
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The service was good and fast. The food was ok but the amounts were not impressive (in comparison with other Indian restaurants). Maybe a bit expensive for the quantity-quality.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Waitress was friendly and very efficient. The masala papadoms were very hot, so be wary of ordering unless you like red hot chillies. The chicken makhanwala was excellent and wholly recommend. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited late on a Sunday night with my partner. We didn't think we would find such authentic Indian food, but we were pleasantly surprised! Greeted warmly by the waitress, we chose our seat, and even though she was rushed off her feet she made us feel welcome and valued. The curries were lovely, the jalfrezi was hot, but not as spicy as we were expecting with all of the warnings on the menu! Can't fault it at all.

1  Thank Amy W