“Delicious meal, friendly staff”

Lal Qila - The Indian Restaurant
Ranked #814 of 5,506 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Description: Lal Qila, the people choice best rated Indian restaurant in Prague with the same old flavor of Indian food. We are trying hard to give the best and worth of money to our guest's by our taste of food and with our services. We named the restaurant on behalf of Red Fort located in Delhi which was built by the Emperor of India with a thought to safe the Indian culture in one roof, the same we are trying to do by giving best Indian food and taste with the blended flavor of spices from India.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Delicious meal, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but walk in and you are welcomed with a friendly smile and a wonderful ambience. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu, recommending what would go with what etc. We were not disappointed, I've had some pretty delicious Indians in the UK, but this was better than most of those. I took a South-Indian dish because I lived in southern India for 3 months, and the taste really took me back there.
The only downside is that it was more expensive than other reviewers suggested. Still good value though (£25 for two mains, two drinks, and some naan). Definitely would go again, but if you are more than two people, book in advance!

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Belleville, Illinois
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I came here and was quite relived to find some good Indian food. The food was very good (much better than where I ate the day before). I paid 135 koruna, about $7 which is a great deal. I was a little put off when I found nan was not included in the buffet and I was only alotted 1 piece. Although it was a very large piece I ordered another for 40 koruna. Water was included so I did not order a drink so I still feel like for the 175 koruna I made out pretty good. The waitress was extremely nice and helpful. I was a little disappointed that the wifi would not work but the waitress was diligent to help try and resolve this issue, I can't blame the restaurant for faulty technology! The only other thing that was slightly concerning was I was directed to use the same plate upon returning to the buffet, this would make me uncomfortable if I wasn't the first and only person there.

• Visited June 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Indian restaurant”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been 2 times in this restaurant while our vacation in Prague and enjoyed very much. The atmosphere is very authentic, quiet and relaxing. The waiter was very friendly, helped us to choose the dishes according our request. The vendelo chicken and the homemade tomato soup are recommended if you like hot and spicy food.
The food was very testy and tested as the original we familiar.
The restaurant is only 10 minutes walking from the national museum (the museum station in the Metro).
If you like an Indian food this is your place!

1 Thank irit s
Belgium
“Possibly the best Indian Restaurant in Prague”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I decided to have an early dinner at Lal Qila after getting take aways from them a few times. We were always very impressed with their take aways but dining there was even better. The food is fantastic and the staff are very friendly, efficient and willing to make you feel comfortable. We will definitely be going back there!

1 Thank Patzo
Chicago, Illinois
“What a funny experience!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I came to check out their "all you can eat" lunch buffet. It was almost 1 PM and the whole place was one big mess. No place to sit, few tables were not occupied but still loaded with dirty plates and glasses. So I decided to take a look at the buffet and wait for a table. That was poor sight. Eight empty containers with few little bits on the bottoms but huge spills and mess all over the buffet table and dirty serving spoons. Oh well, no service was available during 5 mins of my visit, I was hungry so I changed my mind and went to nearby Pind in Korunni. Food was great like always and the restaurant was clean and full of waiters taking good care of customers.