“The best Indian I've had in years!”

Lal Qila - The Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,376 of 5,468 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Description: Lal Qila, the people choice best rated Indian restaurant in Prague with the same old flavor of Indian food. We are trying hard to give the best and worth of money to our guest's by our taste of food and with our services. We named the restaurant on behalf of Red Fort located in Delhi which was built by the Emperor of India with a thought to safe the Indian culture in one roof, the same we are trying to do by giving best Indian food and taste with the blended flavor of spices from India.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“The best Indian I've had in years!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I loved the layout and decor of the restuarant. Also non-smoking which is rare for Prague, I myself am a smoker - but definitely prefer the clean atmosphere.

The waitress was excellent, friendly and knowledgeable in helping us choose some alternative dishes to our usual british choices - the menu was extensive and you could spend ages ruminating over what to choose.

For starter we both had the tomato soup (based on recommendations from other reviewers) and also onion bhaji to share - both excellent, especially the soup... have never tasted anything like it. For main I had a lamb dish (something kadhai) which was very spicy - but an enjoyable spicy (I do like spicy food), my friend had a chicken dish - with a side of goam rice and garlic naan and chilli parantha - more than enough food - so much so that we had to leave some. I could not fault a single dish, it was all cooked to perfection and it was extremely cheap - I think it cost about £40 in total with drinks.

I would not hesitate in returning on my return to Prague!

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Warsaw, Poland
“Good place to go in Prague”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A very nice place to have lunch in Prague. This was our first experience with Indian cuisine and I must say that very positive. Quiet music, friendly staff and wide range of food also mild for those who are afraid of spicy food. We will come back there for sure :)

Teesside
“Very nice indian food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Once again followed trip advisors recommendation whilst in Prague. Food was nice and spicy. Waitress very helpfull told us to order onion bhaji between us as was massive, so we got mushroon starter as well and shared was very good advise.
2 starters, mains, extra's and 1 sweet. Four drinks which included 2 shorts with mixers total bill £45. Quite happy with that. The venue was very nice and rather large inside, the waitress realised we had to put our coats on and immediatley moved us next to a radiator. Top tip try and get table near a radiator as the place is quite big. Waitress kept us right on taxi price, as she ordered it and negociated price to our hotel and advised us not to pay anymore than 120kc. Once again great advise and another example of someone going that extra mile to be helpful.

Visited March 2013
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This thankfully was the nearest restaurant to our flat when we moved to Prague! The food is unbelievably good. Better than any curry I've had in the UK. Chicken Methia is brilliant

London, United Kingdom
“Simply great”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have just finished my dinner at Lal Qila. How can I describe this place? The first word that comes to my mind is - descent. Interior - nothing extraordinary, but nice and warm. Service - friendly. Food - delicious (I have to admit that they served the most tasty tomato soup I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot).

All the above combined with ridiculously low prices would made this place one of my favourite restaurants in Prague if I were local. As a tourist I can say - I will come back.