“The most beautiful Cafe that I have been to”
Review of Cafe Amandine

Cafe Amandine
Ranked #597 of 5,664 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have an apartment in the same building and first I was against it but now I love it. It is so nice and the food so good and the service is great. I whish I had it in my house where I live. Beautiful cafe! I have never seen anything like it. And the lemonade is sooooo good"

1  Thank patweis

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Well, well... as a Frenchman it is always difficult to go to a "French" café outside France, it always seems like a cartoon.
This does not apply to café Amandine which is definitely a nice place to stay and to take breakfast, especially if you are waiting for a business meeting. They really managed to give an own flair: it inspired by an old France coffea, you can remember from movies or from certain parts of Paris (14ème, 17ème), but only inspired by...

A good moment before a bigger negotiation... felt like home and the coffea was good. De quoi se plaint le peuple?

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for breakfast today - and we were very happy with the café. The service was professional, but the female wait staff could smile little bit more and their "French maid" dresses are really something the cleaning ladies wear in expensive hotels:) The coffee is really nice and the tea is Harney and Sons - simply the best. The price is little bit over to top for some items on the menu. The crepes were heavenly. We are hoping to come back soon!

What we did like:

- High quality of tea and coffee
- Pastries
- Crepes
- Overall ambience
- Dog friendly

Cons:
- They charge for tap water, which is a crime
- No changing table for babies
- Egg dishes - the standard of quality is not consistent

1  Thank Clovicek
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We went across the road from our hotel when we first arrived in Prague to get a late lunch.

The staff were friendly and efficient and spoke fluent English.

We ordered the chicken soup which came with bread and the salmon pasta. Both were equally delicious and we would not hesitate to go back.

Although we didn't try them they had a delicious looking range if cakes, pastries and baguettes too.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were recently in Prague and fell upon Cafe Amandine, managed to get back there for a second time during the trip.

Over our 7 week trip this was easily the best coffee and likley one of our best Cafe's I have ever experienced.

The range of fresh mande breads and pastries was complemented by great coffee and excellent service. .

1  Thank ed r