“A 60's French cafe in Prague”
Review of Cafe Amandine

Cafe Amandine
Ranked #565 of 5,632 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were recently in Prague and fell upon Cafe Amandine, managed to get back there for a second time during the trip.

Over our 7 week trip this was easily the best coffee and likley one of our best Cafe's I have ever experienced.

The range of fresh mande breads and pastries was complemented by great coffee and excellent service. .

1  Thank ed r

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a cozy café with nice staff and surprisingly good food (I had beef ragu). They also have excellent choice of good quality tea (silken tea bags - you don´t even see those in many very expensive restaurants!). Will revisit.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Real French style brasserie - quite short menue, but with typical French delicacies - for both smll or big hunger. Starting with salads, baguettes or croques, great soups - to bouef Bourgignone.
Homemade cakes, French pastry, great lemonades, home-made ice-teas etc. Nice cosy atmoshere. Very, really very attentive personnel, quick and efficient. Reasonble prices.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tucked away on a small street, this place is excellent. We stayed in the hotel opposite (Best Western) so it was very handy and we had a 10% discount voucher from the hotel.

The menu is French (mainly) in style and the food quality excellent. I had a roasted duck leg and it was really very good indeed. I don't go a bundle on czech food, but I would say this is best place I have eaten in Prague for sure, just avoid the dumplings (but I would say that for anywhere you eat in Prague).

Service was excellent and the cakes very good indeed. Overall, I would certainly eat their again next time in Prague.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

There is not so many caffes in Prague like this! The place where they know how to make a great coffee, where you cannot make a mistake while choosing a cake and at the same time the food is excellent quality. What makes this caffe special is a dedication to detail !

1  Thank Jirrka