All reviews bus stop quiet area old town balcony tv bathroom breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to good reviews and shorter distance to the office than the company's standard hotel.

If you are in for a low price, quiet area and if you are a good sleeper, go for it.

The fingerprint feature for entrance control is neat is neat but was not set up for me as I only stayed for one night. Have to say that I am glad I did not have to spend another one there. Although the receptionist was friendly, the room was tidy and the breakfast was fine (dare to say the only good thing about the hotel) the Rambousek probably still charges a bit too much for what you get.

Already upon entering the room my heart sank somewhat. It was rather small with a 90x200cm bunk bed with a thin mattress that was made of stone. Even in the army I slept on better beds.

I had quite some work to do before nighttime but that low chair and tiny desk made even this an upleasant endeavour.
The TV only had Czech channels; at least with one good music station. Did not want to zap any further because the remote was rather gross to touch.

The plastic glass of the shower door had jumped out of its fixing, so I got a puddle of water right in front of the mirror.
The towels were thin but at least they have a heated rack where it woul dry almost fully until the next morning.
Although I switched off the A/C when going to bed I could hear my neighbour's running all night, in combination with the hard bed I barely caught any sleep. I am not even sure if I had fared better by bringing some earplugs along. At least there was no noise from the street, so I could tilt open the window during the night.

Probably not going to come back here.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

Nice and quite location, great view on the old town - if u are lucky. Slightly creepy, though, as it was obviously made from an old family house, tuned with modern technology. The City center is close too, however we did not try with public transportation, used only car. The breakfast was nice too, bringing the expectations - or maybe a bit less.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2017

Garni Rambousek is a quiet little Hotel, situated on a hillside with a nice view on Prague. The rooms are not luxurious and could need some care sometimes. I stayed there two times. Meanwhile I found out, that there are better rooms to get for the same or even cheaper price. The selection for food for breakfast is ok, but it could also be better.
The best thing about this Hotel is, that it is situated in a part of the city (not very far from Andel), where you can park your car without any payment.
But this surely has some negative aspects, too: The next bus stop is about 5 minutes of footwalk away. It takes you to Andel. But those busses do not go late at night regulary. So if you want to stay out late, you have to take a taxi back to the Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2017

This great place is located just a short walk and bus ride from the city center. We liked being located in a neighborhood that was quieter and more local then being in the touristy area. The host was very helpful with anything we asked about food to tours and the property and everything we wanted. It is located on a hill which provided a great view of the city. The breakfast was one of the best we had while traveling with hot food available and a variety of other options. Staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommend staying her. The beds are a little more firm then we prefer, but the bathrooms are spacious and once you find your way from this B&B to the city it is a very manageable commute.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Room was adequate although not exactly clean. Bathroom too needed to be cleaned again. Beds not that comfortable and noisy fridge in room (we ended up unplugging it). Wif-fi good and breakfast ok. Location not too bad, short walk to bus stop. Slight confusion when checking out as price on internet wasn't what we were originally quoted and had to pay extra. Not great experience.

Finger print door key was a nice novel touch, but wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple