“So good, OMG so freaking good”

Zdenek's Oyster Bar
Ranked #152 of 6,443 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: The concept of our kitchen can be best described as “natural”. We build on natural tastes, the highest quality ingredients, years of proved methods and recipes, which we work with in our own way. We try new techniques and compose new meals. We collect inspiration from all over the world, as well as in nature. Forget time and let yourselves drift away on waves of sea and decadence. It is so easy to get seduced by the highly addictive atmosphere of our restaurant!
Reviewed September 19, 2018

Yummy, this place was outstanding. Everything was super fresh, prices were great in comparison to The Netherlands. With some help from the server, I had a 6 oyster sampler and stone crab. It was a special occasion, they made my tummy feel special that day.

1  Thank CK258

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We spotted the Michelin ratings on the door of the restaurant while visiting the Basilica of St James. We thought it was a good sign that a seafood restaurant was across from St James. We where right. Best oysters we have had in long time. 1 dozen of their best variety provided a selection of smal and sweet to large and salty. The Octopus clams and muscles entree was wonderful along with the fish dish. A definite go-to while in Prague.

1  Thank KellyV_traveler
Reviewed September 5, 2018

My husband and I had a lovely lunch here based on TA reviews. We are from Maryland, and my husband was attracted to it being an Oyster Bar. We also wanted something further away from the tourist crowds. The presentation and service was excellent.

My husband He enjoyed a fabulous oyster selection, as well as a very interesting seafood appetizer with whipped avocado.

I started with a delicious tuna tartare appetizer with cherries and other savory sauces (very good), followed by a spider crab. It was very different from the Maryland blue crabs we are used to, but delicious. They served the crab with my husband’s oysters. I loved trying some of his sauces with the crab.

The restaurant is pricey, but we found the seafood to be very fresh, the wines were delicious, and we found the service to be attentive. I would reccomdend thisrestaurant for a special lunch or dinner.

Afterwards, stop by St James Bsailica afterward! It was a treat!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

The food is fresh and tasty, the dishes are served in a very pleasant and unusual way:) I enjoyed it very much being outside in front of beautiful frontage of st. Jakob’s church (so nice view should also be an advantage of this place:))

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 222olgas
Reviewed August 29, 2018

My husband and I are oyster lovers and could not believe our luck when we found Zdenek's Oyster Bar. It is a very elegant establishment and we sat at a bistro table just inside the doors. The service was impeccable (Jacob is a real pro and SO hospitable) and the cold large seafood platter was the perfect choice for us. The Austrian stemware was impressive as was the clinical presentation of all the courses. We enjoyed it thoroughly and plan to be back when we visit Prague again. Thanks so much for a wonderful dinner and evening!

Date of visit: July 2018