“The best way to see Prague”

Biko Adventures Prague - Mountain Bike & Outdoor Tours
$60.78*
and up
Karlstejn Castle Easy Bike Group Tour from Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: BIKO offers mountain bike tours from easy to advanced. Also road biking, hiking, running and skiing trips... The historical centre of Prague is not the whole story. By getting on a tour with BIKO you will experience, in one day, an adventure of both nature and culture. Prague, Karlstejn, Singltrek pod Smrkem, South Bohemia, northern mountains... it's up to you! High level MTB and road bike rental available. Be outdoor, be happy!
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am an avid cyclist and I love to ride and see new places. I had gotten in contact with Fillipo about 3 weeks before my trip to see about renting a bike. They did not have the exact bike I was looking for, but the interactions and the hospitality that Fillipo displayed trying to help me out was very impressive to me. I was so pleased that I decided to try the mountain bike Prague Parks Advanced tour instead since the road bike was not yet ready.

I spoke with Fillipo back and forth through email for days leading up to the tour. We talked so much I felt like I was meeting a friend by the time I came to his shop.

The tour was a fantastic mix of sight-seeing through some of the best parks in Prague and major tourist attractions. He was willing to go as fast or as slow as I wanted to, stop to take photos and explain the history of the area to me. I love being able to ride a bike so to be able to learn so much about Prague while on a bike was great for me.

The tours are set up so even someone who rarely rides a bike could easily enjoy one of the easier versions of the tours without missing much of the history and sight-seeing. This was what impressed me the most. There is also some very difficult sections for people like me who love to test themselves.

I am from the USA where customer service is not at a very high level anymore. Fillipo is a genuinely nice guy who loves to show people the city in a fun and unique way. I was more than happy to spend the first half of my day with him, especially because it was obvious that his main goal was to make me happy and be sure that I enjoyed myself in Prague. This was refreshing!

I will definitely be back. If ta tour with Biko is not on your "must do" list for a trip to Prague, you are missing out!

There are newer reviews for Biko Adventures Prague - Mountain Bike & Outdoor Tours

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had an amazing day of cross-country skiing with Biko. Filippo was fantastic from the very first email - friendly, knowledgeable, professional. He made everything so easy - from pre-booking all the kit, to offering biscuits and a thermos of delicious tea on the drive up to the mountains.

We had never tried cross-country skiing before, so it was great to feel like we were in good hands, with a friendly guide and someone who had a real passion for the outdoors. We did a 16km route - enough to work up a great appetite for some hearty home-cooked Czech food in a fantastic traditional mountain cabin.

We would 110% recommend Biko. I can't wait to go again and am already looking forward to mountain biking in the summer.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The week before Christmas was my third trip to Prague and the second time that I had chosen to spend some time with Filippo and Biko tours. Yet again it proved to be an inspired decision.

Filippo was as helpful as ever in when trying to decide on which activities to do, clearly weather conditions are a consideration at this time of year. Communication in advance of my arrival was excellent, Fillippo emailed frequently with options and suggestions and some pictures to help with the decision making and was happy for the final decision to be made the day before I arrived in the Czech Republic.

I chose to try cross country skiing on my first day with Biko and Filippo. I was picked up from my hotel, Mamaison Riverside is just round the corner from where Biko is based so is ideal, and we set off at a rather early 7 a.m. The early start was to avoid the rush hour into Prague, and this allowed us swift progress to the northern region of the Czech Republic called the Jizerske Mountains. Coffee stop en route and we arrived at 9 a.m. This was my first time cross country skiing and the last time I was ever on skis must have been some 20 years ago. Equipment hire was all organised by Filippo and went as smoothly as anything else he organises. I took the suggested option of a lesson with an instructor; this would be a sensible option for any novice. Filippo skied with me that day, though I believe the tour is normally not guided. The scenery was stunning, despite the early morning mist. This area is off the beaten track with limited numbers of tourists, another opportunity to see the real Czech Republic! We had a lunch stop at a ski house where a hearty meal was served and it would be rude not to supplement the lunch with a beer. After 16 km of skiing we were back to the car for the journey back to Prague. A great day was had, as a total novice I found the day physically challenging – but that’s what I wanted – to try something new and see what it was all about. As always Filippo was considerate of my ability and adapted the route accordingly. Despite his best efforts at some extra tuition though, I still never mastered the perfect technique! Well done for tying Filippo!

I had two days arranged with Biko and for the second chose the option of hiking. This was at the Czech paradise, or rock city, which is a Unesco world heritage site. An early morning start, once again, allowed us to avoid the Prague commuter traffic. A slightly shorter journey than the skiing trip by car, and a coffee stop en route, got us to the area in good time. This was the day the world was supposed to end... so what better place to spend it than in the wilds of the Czech countryside. The hiking was fantastic, the weather was cold but bright, the routes well signposted and paths well maintained. As described on the Biko web site, the rock formations and mysterious valleys are magical and well worth a visit. Fillipo and I were the only people there which added to the surreal atmosphere. The end of the world arrived and went with no major catastrophe despite the fact we waited with a view over the valley and the rocks to meet our end at the predicted time..... hiking over we headed off to the local town for another authentic Czech lunch, a walk around the square then the trip back to Prague.

Both trips were followed up with a brilliant action photo reportage to add to your memories of a great day.

As many other have said the tour organisation is fantastic, nothing is too much trouble, the activities are well thought out and planned and you cannot help to feed off the infectious enthusiasm that Filippo has for the great outdoors. The web site is brilliant with clear instruction, guidance and transparent pricing, and offers great value for money in my opinion. The personal service that Biko gives means I’ll be back on my next visit to Prague – many thanks again Filippo for such a memorable couple of days!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This bike trip is a wonderful way to view Prague and its surrounding parks. Filippo was a most companionable guide and he kindly pushed me up the steep hill at the start of the ride! Thank you Filippo. We saw parts of Prague that most people would never see, as well as enjoying a delicious lunch in a wonderfully un-touristy pub and experiencing a quirky river crossing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

In summary: A memorable highlight to my trip to Prague - a "must do" activity if you want to see Prague from a different angle! Unique experience, fun guide and friendly customer service. Best way to see Prague while being active and not the typical tourist attraction. Filippo will take excellent photos of your journey for free and send them to you ! A big plus! Highly recommended.

Read below if you want the full details *it's long*

After visiting the main sights in Prague's city center and Old Town, I wanted something other than the typical tourist experience - this is where
Biko Tours came through to elevate my Prague trip to a whole new level. Filippo Mari is the entrepreneur and owner of Biko Tours - designing guided tours on high quality bikes to bring people to the outer edges of Prague - tours for different activity levels (easy / med/ advanced) and various bike routes to off the beaten track destinations. He's created several themes, routes and itineraries for each tour, i.e "Parks and Blocks" tour to visit Prague's great city parks, or the "Road to Karljsten Castle" which winds its way through the country side to the famous castle. Each route is unique and Filippo strives to make each ride a new experience, so it's not just a "cookie cutter" route.

I stayed in Prague during low season (late Nov), so I wasn't sure there were tours still running. Turns out I was the only one who requested for a tour that day, but Filippo went out of his way to take me anyway. I received a private tour (low season has its perks!) but even during peak season, I'd imagine you will receive the same level of undivided attention since he limits his tour groups to 8-10 ppl and makes sure there are 2 guides so everyone is taken care of. Prior to the excursion, he responded on email very promptly and made sure I had all my questions answered, and took great care to email me exact directions from my hotel to the bike shop.

On the actual tour, he spends time tailoring the itinerary to what you want to see. He goes at apace you're comfortable with, whether you prefer easier paved trails, or want to amp it up with off road mountain biking for advanced riders, Filippo knows so many different routes that everyone will have a good time without feeling rushed or pressured. Above all, you will be SAFE. He makes sure that everyone is comfortable and no one is left behind.

We rode for 35 km starting off in Prague (Andel neighborhood) and biked our way through pretty villages, bridges, and country roads so I could see what life is like outside Prague. The journey was peaceful, picturesque and charming. Filippo led me through hidden trails off the main road so I can catch a glimpse of the best views, something only locals of the area would know about.

Filippo will photo-document the trip (he calls it reportage) so you don't have to stop at every picturesque vista to snap a photo. On the other hand, if you are a snap-happy photographer and want to stop every 10 feet, he'll be patient so you can get all the shots you want! What I love about the reportage is you'll finally get to be in the picture - one of the perks if you're traveling alone so you don't have to ask someone else to take a photo for you, or set up your tripod.

His photography is creative and professional - Check out his cool website at www.bikotours.com for more information and a photo gallery. He designed it himself and his eye for creative details shows through because he is a former marketing/design manager. Unlike a jaded tour guide, he really seems to care and want to learn more about your culture, your story and is very knowledgable about Prague life, history, and Czech culture. So, in addition to getting an active experience, you'll also get a good dose of education! We even went to hidden little bakery where they gave us free donuts and baked goods!

I had an amazing time and highly recommend his company. Biking is the best way to see a city and the countryside, since you can travel so much farther on a bike than on foot. Go visit Prague with Biko Tours!

1  Thank schwingie