“one of the most amazing culinary experience of my life”
Review of Sansho

Sansho
Ranked #52 of 5,534 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Asian, European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Bochum, Germany
“one of the most amazing culinary experience of my life”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My partner and I are food-loving creatures, love to explore new ways of cooking excellent food with a twist, and are willing to pay a high price for this. But this place was just amazing, Asian fusion with high quality local Czech ingredients, our tastebuds were simply exploding, and although we were so full, we just couldn't stop - and at a very reasonable price from the perspectives of a German and a Swede! The concept is simple - every evening they serve a 6-course meal, no à-la-carte, dishes are often shared, for a fixed price which depends on the food on the menu. Dessert is extra, but definitely recommended, it was delicious. You are told the fixed price before you order (ours was CZK 1000, which is approx. €36,50), and asked about dislikes and allergies. And then we just sat back and let them serve these excellent dishes full of flavour, in interesting combinations - it was just great, and definitely worth every penny. If we ever return to Prague, we will be back!

Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
“a slight disapointment”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My friend recomended this restaurant to me, so I had to try it. Since I heard only the best of it. It was quite a disapointment though. I mean, I really like the concept, simple decor, no long cards with different food choices. But the food, I expected more. It was all average, nothing too special. From all the dishes, I can say, that only one was really something different.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alissa19
Prague, Czech Republic
“Quite a disappointment after all the positive reviews”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews, I was very disappointed with this restaurant. My initial surprise that I managed to get us a table on a Friday night at a last second soon explained itself. The food was average at best, and definitely not what I expected it to be. Out of the 6-or-so dishes from the fixed menu, we only liked (not loved) the crab mini-burgers, everything else was either plain or a combination of flavors that we didn't like. The food was edible (and would be ok to get it for a cheap 5 EUR lunch), but not a culinary experience you expect at this price range.

The service was ok. While I do not appreciate overly formalistic dining, the minimalistic interior is also not my preferred atmosphere for supposedly good relatively expensive food in Prague. At the time of our visit the restaurant was filled with groups of loud mostly elderly tourists/expats (who appeared to be enjoying the food).

Honestly I cannot understand the positive ratings.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jackie J
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Delightful flavours, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely evening at Sansho. Basic decor, quite a small restaurant, but very busy on a Thursday evening. Young, professional waiting staff who explained the fabulous dishes to us as they were brought to the table. There is no menu, which I knew from checking the website. Instead, it's a 7 course tasting menu with 6 starters to share and 1 main course with rice and Thai salad. We only had 5 starters as we chose not to have the raw beef dish which was checked with us at the beginning. We had 3 small glasses of wine, a beer and a cocktail and it was £75.00 for the two of us. The flavours were wonderful and you could hardly wait to taste the next dish to be brought to your table. I would think that you'd need to book, as I had done before arriving in Prague. Lovely evening. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is I do feel that it's slightly over priced.

Visited January 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great crab sliders”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

A fun place to go with friends, set menu was pretty good but a bit expensive. I didn't mind the family dining set up while sitting on picnic tables. Staff was very nice and helpful. The soft shell crab sliders were our favorite dish. This is a different change from from the many restaurants throughout Praha.