“Expected more.”

Ranked #113 of 5,821 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Asian, European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Creative menu, but bit not to my taste. The cuisine fusion did not work for me. I had beef curry with rice - it was dry with little sauce on. Duck soup had only one chunk of meat.
I expected more from this highly rated restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went here with my fiance last week (November 2013). The place has a 'pop up restaurant' feel to it that is popular in London recently. So its basic tables and chairs and minimal decoration to the interior. Restaurant is down a street slightly away from other restaurants and shops and as we approached we were a little worried about what we were going to get....

Our fears couldn't have been more misplaced. Ive eaten at quite a few michelin restaurants over the years and the food at Sansho easily holds its own with them. One of the things that makes the meal work so well is that it is a set tasting style menu and all of these courses compliment each other so well. We kept thinking back to previous courses and revelled in how that flavour lead perfectly into the next course. The pork belly was an absolute highlight but we tried to rank all the courses and we couldnt do it. We enjoyed each course in different ways and all were as good as each other, very rare from a critical grump like me.

The staff were very helpful and knowledgable, explaining each course to us. They were very relaxed though and made us feel at ease to enjoy the meal at our own pace.

I cant recommend this restaurant enough. Especially for the very reasonable price. This was without doubt the best meal we had in Prague including Michelin starred Alcron (which was also very good but Sansho is just something very unique).

If you find yourself in Prague make this number 1 on the to do list.

2  Thank Philip A
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Loved, loved, loved this restaurant. The food and wine were great, and the atmosphere is totally unpretentious. The seven course dinner we had was perfect in every way. Inventive combinations of food and flavours. Worth going to wherever you are in Prague. And very good value for your money. Go!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

So far, the best restaurant I have been. The food is something out of this world, incredible.

They served 6 different meals, all of them different concepts and all of them super tasty and delicious. My favorite is the Soft-Shell Crab, so so good. The wine is good and the waiters are nice and explain everything you eat, how it's done and what's there.

We were really full after the 6 meals, but we did an effort to try the deserts as well, and they are with same quality standards, delicious. The environment is relaxed and casual, I really liked the concept of simplicity because what matters there is the food, and makes you feel more comfortable because is not this kind of fancy restaurants, you can relax.

We left really happy from there and with the desire to come back... and we will for sure.

I recommend to everyone, is quite expensive but it really doesn't matter when you try all of their delicious food.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Trendy, minimalist decor adds to this very unique experience. Friendly efficient staff explain that there is no menu, just six set courses at around CZK1000 a head. Pressure off, taste buds on. We started with amazing home made cocktail (I dream about my Cucumber Collins) then through the asian inspired dishes of sashimi, soft-shell crab, belly pork, rare beef, smoked trout and lamb. Not just a meal but a theatrical show of beautifully presented and wonderfully tasting dishes . What fun.