“Ideal place for family brunch”
Review of Bilkova 13 - CLOSED

Bilkova 13
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Restaurant name & address are the same
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We visited this place for first time for family brunch. Very friendly staff was even joking with our little daughter, food was delicious and we really enjoyed this day. Definitly we will come again. The restaurant is large... but you will feel comfortable. The place is fresh and light.

P.S.: Brunch starts 11am till 3pm :)

There are newer reviews for Bilkova 13

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I only went for a corporate event taking place in the morning. Don't have a dinner experience and after what I experienced yesterday I will never have!
Staff was very rude. Probably because they had to get to work early morning. Their behaviour was just ruthless during this event.
"The icing" of my terrible experience was when I asked of the servant for an espresso, he just rudely pointed towards a pot of (probably) filtered coffee saying: "Coffee is there". That was enough. I dressed up and left. When talking to organisers of this even they said there was no restriction as to what kind of coffee is paid for and expressed their dissapointment with Bilkova 13 as well.
I'm not saying dinner would be same experience. Staff might be well-rested in the evening. But after my experience I'd rather have my dinner elsewhere and I was seriously thinking of giving a shot ... until yesterday.

2  Thank Zdenek P
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Though it only had a couple reviews, we gave this place a shot, and are glad we did, for our last night in Prague.

The restaurant is large, classy and roomy and just down the street from Old Town Square. We were welcomed by multiple people and seated quickly. With the exception of missing my drink order, the service was ok until we asked for the check. I’m not sure what it is about European restaurants, but all servers seem to disappear when you are ready to pay and get out. As in most restaurants, I felt our paltry party of two was a major turn off to the server who spent much more time and attention on a large party across the way. The so-so service keeps me from five staring Bilkova 13.

We did not order wine, but they have quite a selection available. Prices ranged from 45 crowns for a glass of house to 127,000 crowns (about $7,000 US) for a ’46 vintage French wine. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. The meal came with fresh made bread, and an oil-based dip. I had roasted rabbit leg with wild mushrooms and pancetta. It was cooked and seasoned perfectly. For about $20.00 US, I was very impressed.

They also have a small play area for children and a cigar room for those with an interest.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

There are some seriously talented chefs in this Italian restaurant not far from the Old Town Square. The stand-out main course was the cheese-filled tortellini with black truffle – made with the freshest of pasta, the texture and flavours were sublime. The spaghetti with shrimps and white wine was delicious as well. These dishes would rival any we’ve eaten in Italy and very good value too. For wine, we tried a Czech white on the waiter’s recommendation and were impressed; it tasted like a superior French wine but without the big price tag. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine pairings, everything that he suggested we loved. There is a classy bar area out front which is perfect for a pre/post dinner cocktail at about half the price you’d pay in northern Europe. Lastly, we loved the look of the restaurant – stylish and spacious with exposed brick and oversized lamp shades. We would love to have Bilkova 13 in our neighbourhood at home. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Lot of different experiences in one place. Definitely must see. Excellent food, champagne and unbelievable selection of cognac. Almost everything reasonably priced - bottle of champagne for 650 czk is best price in prague, quality is at least comparable with big brands.

2  Thank Mamuth