“I was there second time and it is new and excellent!!!”

Museum Mysteriae Pragensis
Ranked #827 of 1,057 things to do in Prague
Reviewed June 9, 2013

When I was in Prague 2 years ago, I was in thist museum, and I like this atmosphere in underground street of ghost. I like it. So I came back with my friend and I was really shocked. but it was good kind of shock. First part of museum is totaly changed. Its like big library with realy spooky atmosphere and in this library are many many new interactive exponates. Its full of poetry and humor and i LIKE IT TOO MUCH. And underground street of ghost is still really nice. And when I asked on cash desk when this change was done, they told me, that its just a few weeks and some new interactive exponates and changes will be done till summer. So, my next time in Prague I came back to see it again. And also they offer me double ticket to their second museum of alchemists. I go there tomorrow, so I´m really interested in this kind of museums.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Museum isn't the word I would use to describe this place even though it has to do with Prague's past. Think of it more as an attraction. It's a bit silly, but interesting if you're not in a hurry and like reading ghost stories. The "interactive" bits where you have to pull a lever or open a tiny door to see something were delightfully kitchy.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Do not waste your time or money on this 'museum'.
It was probably the worst 'museum' we have ever been to, and we say 'museum' lightly.
When you pay to get in they will ask if you wish to vist their Alchemy Museum too, as an extra discounted cost. DON'T!
It is historical, everything is written down on plaques hanging from the ceilings and you need to read it all. The majority of the info you are given on the Free tour we went on. You can read up on the History of Prague yourself.

All in all spend your money on something far better!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

An underground corridor full of 'ghostly' figures a child could make. I reached the end door expecting the corridor to be the intro to the actual place but the door was the exit of the whole place. I and everyone else looked at each other in disbelief. I felt like I'd been robbed, better to give your money to a beggar on the bridge than visit this place.

1  Thank cymro7
See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stumbled across this museum as we wandered over the Charles Bridge waiting for it to get dark enough to take some night photos, Prague looks pretty in the dark too. Entry was approx £3 so definitely worth it and they have a toilet for customer use which is always handy. If you are a believer of ghosts and are interested in Prague legends then this place is for you, there is so much information in there, perhaps a little too much though if you’re easily distracted like me. The legends are written on large sheets of paper and hung in the room, there is just so much to read, I’m sorry to say I got bored. Somebody has obviously taken the time and effort to do all this but after about 20 minutes I’d had enough so we went downstairs, underground where there were some ghostly models, these probably would have meant more to me if I knew what I was looking at, maybe it would have helped if I’d read more. All in all a nice, cheap place to kill some time if the weather is less than desirable or if you are genuinely interested in reading about myths and legends.