“What a waste !”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #133 of 5,705 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family & I made the mistake of going to this restaurant on our last trip to Prague. We had read a trip advisor review and it was right across the street from the hotel where we were staying so we figured we'd give it a try.
There were 6 of us, 2 adult parents & 4 kids 23-17. We stood inside the door hoping to make eye contact with someone who worked there. We finally did and were seated then ignored at a table. The guy who ran the place was busy buying lemoncello shots for some friends of his while we waited for ANY sort of service. The food was average at best and the service was the worst of any restaurant we went to. Save your time & money. There are lots of good places with good food and good service in Prague. Forget this one............

1  Thank Dave R

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'm giving this a ranking of very good because the two pizzas we ordered were indeed very good - not exceptional but not average either. We stopped here for a quick meal mainly because of its location just opposite the Prague Intercontinental. We wouldn't normally choose to have pizza in Prague, but we had been 'on the road' for the previous week eating exceptionally well, so felt like a relaxed pizza instead of something fancy or Czech. Both my pizza and my husband's were delicious - as good as you would expect from a place that seems to be authentic with its Italian dishes and ingredients. The service was efficient, although the atmosphere seemed too quiet and bland - but it was just a few days after Christmas so not the liveliest time of year. Prices seemed reasonable.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I live here, 10 years, and I get it: Prague 1 has a lot of transient guests who have lots of time and don't tip. But our waitress, on a Wednesday night, Helena, a thick blonde woman, sat us quickly and immediately ignored us. When we finally flagged someone down and ordered, 2 of our meals came in 15 minutes, and the pizza the other guy ordered, had to wait another 20 minutes ( even when the other waitress said it would be 3 minutes). When we asked for the bill and told them they could keep the pizza, there was no apology. They blamed it on us. "If you want fast food, go to McDonalds". We were in the building almost 90 minutes, and still had an hour left when we ordered our food.

1  Thank Backpacker29
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After having forgetten my pizza and having served everyone else their food, they promised my pizza would be out in 3 min. 20minutes later: still no pizza. I complained. Helena, out waitress, then said if "you want your food fast, go to McDonalds". At this point, my colleagues had finished their meals. I was so insulted, that after their mistake, I had been accused of having done something wrong, I refused the pizza which miraculously finally arrived.

Only now I see that other reviewers had specifically commented on this woman already. Management I'm sure doesn't read TA, but if they did, they should listen to their one-time customers: time for a retraining or a staff shuffle.

Never ever again. Not this place. They have no right working in hospitality, and Prague has too many good places to put up with humiliating and degrading service.

1  Thank Chris_Sandeman
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ate pasta and the food was excellent (penne di quatro formaggi were among the best I have ever eaten). The place is clean and nicely decorated and the owner is a cheerful Italian guy! The prices were a little bit expensive for the Czech Republic, but affordable.