“Two great days with Monika”

Personal Prague Guide
Winter Charm of Prague - PERSONAL TOUR
Ranked #24 of 550 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are carefully selected, top rated, licensed and enthusiastic guides. Recommended by Rick Steves. We provide private tailor made walks, transfers or driving tours of Prague and Czech Republic. As a bonus, we give you UNIQUE TRAVEL TOOL, our own map, history card and discount vouchers for free to get the most from your visit. Our tours are for the passionate travelers looking for a break from the tourist crowds. We offer unusual personalized itineraries and relaxed tours. Clients rate them as informative, enjoyable and fun. Our philosophy: Our services must be so excellent, that the clients will recommend us! We are ONLY local people and ONLY licensed guides! We are NOT foreign "funky" students who know nothing about Prague, not un-professional beginners behind modern web. We do not use the fake "bought" reports ... that is why we are not first in the list. We customize our services to give you exactly the service you are looking for. Your interests will shape the tour!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I used Personal Prague Guides for airport transportation as well as two days of personal touring on a recent business visit to Prague. In all cases, the pick-ups or guides were on time in clean and safe vehicles. Jana was very responsive to all my requests and interests and worked with me through email to find the right tours for me. Unfortunately, most of the castles I wanted to see outside the city were closed when I was there, but we were able to find things to do that would interest me.

Personal Prague Guide was waiting for me at the airport as expected and quickly delivered me to my hotel explaining to me some of the history of the city and pointing out some sights and nice restaurants for me to try.

My first day with Monika was filled with seeing the sights of the city. We started out by talking through what we were going to do, reviewing the items I had listed I wanted to do, and then purchasing a train ticket to head up to the Prague Castle. I wasn’t expecting to have to purchase her train ticket as well as mine, but it wasn’t too expensive and luckily we were able to get them at the concierge at the Hilton Old Town. Unfortunately, most of the churches/cathedrals had morning services so we were not able to visit them but we were able to see most of the sites and then walk down to the river. We had lunch at a wonderful small restaurant with good food and drink for a great price and had a chance to talk about non-history topics as well. We then wandered to the other side of the river and spent the afternoon visiting many sites. I prefer not to spend time in museums so I think that shortened our tour and I didn’t get the whole time I had paid for, but I was satisfied that I had seen most of what I wanted to.

My second day with Monika was spent visting the Bohemian Glass Factory and Kutna Hora: the silver mines and Italian Court, Jesuit College, and the Bone Church. It was a wonderful day and our driver, Peter, did a great job driving through the beautiful snow that was falling. Our tour of the glass works was very interesting and you were able to get up close to the workers and process. Even though the store would have been closed, they opened it for me so I was able to purchase some of the outstanding crystal, known for it’s high quality. We then traveled to Kutna Hora, and Peter arranged for a friend of his to be our tour guide at the Italian Court. We were joined by another couple on the tour, but Peter’s friend was outstanding and made the tour so much more interesting. We then wandered through the snowy streets of the village to St Barbara’s Temple where Peter picked us up. We had an extremely inexpensive lunch on the outskirts of Kutna Hora, a place Peter was quite familiar with, and I had an outstanding dish of pork with mushroom sauce and soup. We then visited the Bone Church before returning to Prague. Peter was happy to drop me off at a different hotel where I would be for a business conference.

I would highly recommend Personal Prague Guide and look forward to using them when my wife and I return to Prague sometime when the castles are open and flowers in bloom.

1  Thank Scott H
"day tour"
in 23 reviews
"jewish quarter"
in 35 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 15 reviews
in 12 reviews
"bone church"
"karlstejn castle"

Reviewed January 11, 2013

In our recent trip to Prague we were able to see and understand Prague, its culture and history due to Andrea's deep knowledge. She tailored the tour to our interest. Furthermore, she showed us places where we could see how Prague has evolved and changed through the years. Andrea took us to visit even those beautiful Prague old Coffee Houses full of history, where many intellectual personalities used to go.
Andrea Reznickova is a wonderful warm and caring person, that made our Prague visit very enjoyable.
We highly recommend her.
Hugo and Lucia Bozzolo, Tucson Arizona

3  Thank Yoli4060950
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in Prague and during this time I arranged for 3 1/2 day tours with Lenka as my guide. We also went to Melnik for a few hours.

To begin with, Sarka responded to my emails in a flash. This is really extraordinary. All their emails were prompt and packed with information and options of what to do. Once I decided on my tours, I also asked them to assist with transportation and options for Christmas and NYE.

The service received remotely from Sarka was amazing. She gave me a list of options to choose from for Christmas and made the reservation for me.

Lenka Kucerova was a delight as a tour guide. Her in depth knowledge of the history, architecture, legends, etc really helps to paint a picture of this beautiful city that I fell in love with. Lenka was always on time, friendly and "on-top-of-her-game". Even when she wasn't feeling so well, this did not stop her from providing me with very in depth information during our tour. She is extremely knowledgeable about the city, which was great. Prague by itself is wonderful, but just knowing the history just made a huge difference. She was great at recommending places to eat, things to do in my free time.

I could ask her anything and she was able to help. Even something that had nothing to do with "tour guiding", like "where can I get Bobbi Brown products" :) and she promptly made a call and got an answer! And she pointed out the location of the place exactly on the map. That was amazing.

She also helped me to book a taxi when I attended a concert and gave me the number and procedure. She offered to call for me, but it wasn't necessary.

I booked a tour to a smaller town and the driver service was great; on time and courteous.

All in all, I really experienced a great service! I cannot fault it. Really. Which is unusual, because I can be very nit-picky.

Well done to Prague Personal Guide in providing an awesome service. I cannot stress this enough.

1  Thank 88V_A_F88
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We did a tour of Prague, Cesky Krumlov Countryside tour and Glassworks tour with Pavel. He was an excellent guide. I really liked having the same guide for all tours. He was excellent in helping my 82-year-old mother when she needed some assistance on the cobblestone streets in Cesky Krumlov. He also was very flexible in any changes we wished to make to the scheduled tour (we wanted to see the John Lennon Wall and the gate with the locks seen on the Bachelorette). I also felt safe with his driving. He was very interesting (as well as having a good sense of humor) and answered our multitude of questions about life there past and present. In my opinion, going on the private tours is the only way to go. It allows you to make the most of your time. The Glassworks tour was one of my favorites. We went on a weekday so we could see two different types of glass being made. I would highly recommend this company and Pavel.

4  Thank dolphin55Arlington