Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

More Info
from $26.71
More Info
2,332 results
All reviews old town charles bridge great guide interesting facts tereza castle knowledge jewish introduction
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have been on numerous free tours and have had some great experiences. Unfortunately, this one was not one of them. I did the later free tour. I did not find the information interesting. The guide skipped over a lot of key places that we were right by. Since it was my first day I did feel that it helped me get my sense of direction of Prague. We went to the castle but were not able to go into the Vitus church because of the time. This was disappointing, apparently they do go in it on the other tour. We did cover a lot of ground, but it was just boring. I actually left early because i was just tired of it figuartively speaking. I went on another free tour this afternoon with a different company and it was 10 times more interesting. The guide was engaging and theatrical. He really brought the history alive. If you do this tour I suggest just doing the first half, it was slightly better than the second.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank Anne J
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We joined this tour at the Charles Bridge as we had already been on the first part of this tour with another company the day before (we got mixed up as the both wear similar colours - they too were very good). Our guide was David, and he was very engaging and knowledgeable. Unfortunately it really poured with rain during our tour so we spent time in the pub asking David questions. He was well prepared with photos to help us. While we also enjoy the hop-on, hop-off bus tours, we find that the walking tours are the best way to get a more intimate and more detailed feel for a city.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

we did this tour on Thurs, July 24. Klara was our guide and she was wonderful! She started with a brief history of the city, then led us through Old Town Square, St. James Church, Astronomical clock, through Jewish town, then over the Charles Bridge and up to Prague Castle. Klara was very informative with all the stories (historical and legend) that she told us. The only downside was, I thought we were going to have more than just a few mins between the 1st half of the tour and the 2nd so we were a little bit hungry and made a quick pit stop on the way up to the Castle. If you plan on doing the full 3 hour tour, make sure to pack a snack or eat a big breakfast! We were not sure what to expect quality wise with a "free tour", but we got more than our money's worth! Make sure to tip based on how much you liked the tour, if you get Klara as your guide make sure you have lots of extra money to tip, she's worth it ;)

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Our tour guide Iveta, was great, she took us to the major sites including the square and clock tour, the Jewish quarter, st Charles bridge and the palace. It was brilliant and Iveta was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

I would really recommend the tour! But remember to tip appropriately!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We started our Prague visit with a Sandeman's tour and finished with a tour from Iveta through Prague Extravaganza Free Tour. We learnt 800 times more with Iveta and wish we'd had more time to do the other tours with this group. If you're looking for an interactive, semi-personalised and noncommercial tour, then look for the blue umbrella. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2014