“Pleasant evening”

Cuisines: European, Indian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 2
Description: Traditional Indian restaurant in central Prague with a pleasant courtyard garden. Our food is cooked by Indian chefs. Big variety of vegetarian and nonvegetarian dishes, lunch menu at reasonable price, possibility of take away and delivery.
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We were welcomed by the attentive and kind waiters of the Golden Tikka. In a country were personnel is usually lacking in soft skills, this place was a rare jem. We did not have to wait long: our lentil and chickpea dishes came in good time. It was more spicy than the usual Indian restaurant so be careful if that is not what you like. The naan bread was fresh and straight from the oven and went well with our dishes. Only negative they forgot about my salad and I had to ask again but they took action to immediately rectify it.
The place itself is furbished and styled with care, scrupulously clean.
Overall, a pleasure

Date of visit: July 2018
Katerina K, Marketing at Golden Tikka, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Thank you for your nice feedback, we appreciate it!

Write a reviewReviews (253)

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I visited this restaurant several times. I like the interior and summer terrace. Staff is kind and food very tasty. They used to have the best samosa I have ever tried, but during last visit it was not so great (but I am not saying that it was bad).

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The services were poor. When complain to the management, we found unexpected bad behavior of the management.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Very bad services, no courtesy in staff as well as manager/owner. Very bad behaviour with indians. Charges are high as compared to other good indian restaurants in prague. wrong decision to go after reading reviews.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Golden Tikka is s small Indian restaurant close to the IP Pavlova metro station.

The restaurant is kind of hidden and the entrance does not look like a restaurant entrance so make sure you look twice because it’s worth while.

The restaurant has an inside seating area and an outside one. Even though the outside area is surrounded by buildings it is a nice and cosy area that I would recommend if temperature allows.

The restaurant is operated by Indian folks and in the background they play popular Indian music inside what both contributes to the nice atmosphere.

The menu is not very extensive but has enough choice and contains the typical Indian dishes.

I visited the restaurant twice and both times I enjoyed my meal and the Indian beer.
Note: both times that I was there, there was also an Indian tourist group and in both cases they complimented the food. Guess that proves its authentic and good.

Service is good and friendly and prices are very attractive.

If you’re in for an Indian meal in a normal - not posh - environment at a good rate I can recommend Golden Tikka.

Date of visit: June 2018