“Last night in Prague”

Restaurant Cafe Colore
Ranked #358 of 5,665 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Central European, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I have just come back from a fantastic meal at Cafe Colore. We stumbled across the cafe/restaurant on the way back from a long guided tour of the castle and cathedral, and decided to book for this evening. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the waiters were friendly and efficient. For starters we had chestnut soup with pistachio cream, which my wife said was delicious, and duck pate with figs, which again was excellent. For mains I had tenderloin of pork in a mushroom sauce. They very obligingly replaced the gnocchi with the truffle fries dusted with Parmesan, and the meal was superb. My wife had chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham and stuffed with mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes, which she also thoroughly enjoyed. The whole meal, including two beers and two proseccos, came to just over £30. We enjoyed it so much we are planning to go back tomorrow before we have to leave for the airport.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Heard-Tried-Left. Maybe on a better day, it could be good, but generally has no character.
Staff a bit slow also

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I've been at Cafe Colore for several times, really good choice of different cakes, nice place for having a cup of coffee ( which is delicious ). Tasty food, pleasant atmosphere and fine service. The place is non-smoking.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place because it was located in the street of our hotel. It's a bit off the main roads but still located central. The service was very friendly, swift and helpful. After finishing the soup we had for starters it literally took them less than 5 seconds to remove them from our table. Now that's what I call paying attention and being well organized. So were all the waiters. It was great to be in a place where there's no hurry and stress. The quality and size of our dishes (my girlfriend had the salmon, I had grilled pork) was very good as was the chestnut soup we had for starters and the dessert. We especially enjoyed the homemade ice tea and ginger lemonade since they tasted really fresh, authentic and weren't too sugary. When they brought my girlfriend the wrong dessert they took it back right away without discussion, apologized and said that they're sorry it will take another 15 minutes to prepare the one she wanted. After all she got it in less than 10 minutes so all I can say here is "bravo". We liked it so much we went there the next day for lunch and everything was just as good as the day before. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We ate lunch at this cafe during a visit in November - as we had seen the many recommendations from Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We had pork sirloin with potato pancakes with wild mushroom sauce and Wienerschnitzel with mashed potatoes. Overall fhe food was very good - the Schnitzel a bit on the soggy side, though. Prices appear to be moderate considering the quality, service and location. Waiters was extremely efficient and friendly. Atmosphere is nice and relaxed. Clientele a good blend of locals and tourists.