“Excellent Experience”

Cafe Colore
Ranked #362 of 5,543 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Central European, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Martin and his staff were exceptionally kind and attentive without being overbearing. The food was nicely prepared. For a little more than double the price of a meal at Mc Donalds, we had a wonderful three course meal with drinks. Prague is a beautiful and friendly. The atmosphere of the city was amplified at Cafe Colore. We will definitely return on our next trip.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Suffolk, UK
“Superb”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We went based on tripadvisor reviews and loved it. All the staff were friendly and attentive. The owner was very hospitable and interesting to chat with and get a Czech view of life.

Food was excellent. Tasty and fresh. Try the coconut cake - moist and very yummy.

Worth tracking down.

NYC
“Good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Colore is a nicely decorated diner/restaurant that is easily located at the corner of the street. It was easy to get seated (probably because we came during at a low peak time of the year). The place has free Internet which many tourists would find very appealing. I ordered the Chanterelle Mushroom Ragout which I thought was delicious. I would recommend it. As a starter, I thought it plenty enough to be a main course. I drank the homemade ginger lemonade with mint which had an odd taste - I probably won't order it again. The baked chicken with all the fixings was just ok. I didn't think it was memorable but I enjoyed in nonetheless. The dessert which they called "Misa" was good. It was rich with chocolate and creme fraise textured filling complemented very well.

If you are looking for a very reasonably priced meal with decent food, nice decor and good service. You should give this restaurant a go.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe in the centre of Prague”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped here based on review on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. We both started with a soup which was lovely and homemade - followed by a main. The food was ok, not exceptional but still good - would definitely return. Especially for the strawberry milshake made from real strawberries which helped with my hangover ;)

• Visited March 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty meal, pleasant ambiance”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a nice time at Cafe Colore. Located in the very center of Prague, with pleasant atmosphere, reasonable prices and above average, friendly and quick service (for Prague standards :)) it's quite popular place and I would suggest to make a reservation before you go there.

Try typical Kulajda soup, although it's not the best Kulajda in the town. Chestnut cream soup was good as well, for me a bit sugary...
I would recommend Chanterelle mushrooms ragout with veal fillets, it was really delicious! Risotto with mushrooms and forest fruits is also an interesting alternative.
Cakes are good but you can find better ones in the cake shop over the street (Saint Tropez).

Overall very good experience, we will come back!

• Visited February 2013