“nice lunch great service”

Restaurant Cafe Colore
Ranked #352 of 5,664 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Central European, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Yes you can get cheaper pasta in prague and you can be more central but the service is brilliant and as an all round experience it is one of the better cafes in prague.
And anywhere the locals go must be ok.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had the scrambled eggs with salmon and mushrooms which were really good, the coffee was alright though not the best I've had, friendly service. So definitely worth going

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Spending a Valentine's evening in this restaurant, I must say that my girlfriend and I had an amazing time! Everything spot on from atmosphere to excellent, tasty food or very professional and friendly staff! You can tell that the owner as well as the staff really want you to feel great. We will definitely come back!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had see the Cafe Colore close to where we were staying, and decided to try it after leaving a fantastic concert. Looking around after we entered the cafe we noticed that those seated at tables only had drinks in front of them. Since it was after 10 PM we asked the waitress if they were still serving food. She looked at us like we were nuts, sneered a little and said "of course". It went downhill from there. She was not welcoming, she didn't pay attention as we were ordering, so we didn't receive everything that we asked for, she never checked to make sure the food was to our liking and we felt rushed out the door. Nice decor and menu, but the food was just OK. Our waitress this night had really turned a wonderful night for us sour. Needless to say we won't go back again.

3  Thank Jeffrey S
CafeColoreCZ, Owner at Restaurant Cafe Colore, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Sir, many thanks for your review ans well as for your visit. I am sorry to learn that you had such bad experience with the waitress. As you can see we have pretty good position on the TA, therefore it is very important for me to analyse any complains. So I would like to ask you kindly to contact me directly on martin@cafecolore.cz. Many thanks in advance and with my best regards
Martin Novak

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Found this place on TripAdvisor that seemed like a great place for breakfast/brunch. The place is modern looking and it would be good to reserve ahead of time as it got really busy with a lot of spots reserved.

Their breakfast didnt turn out to be all that great. The omelette was way to salty and their freshly squeezed orange juice was lukewarm and small portioned. Nevertheless if you veer away from the breakfast the food is quite amazing. I started with a traditional czech soup called kulajda (dill mushroom and potatoes) and then had the chanterelle mushroom ragout with fried veal cutlets on the top. It was so good. I usually hate carrots but i ate all the carrots in the ragout cuz it was that tasty. It seems more like a local cafe than a tourist joint as a lot a of locals are doing work and business there. There is free wifi but it's not very stable.

Great place.

Dear Sir, I would like to thank you very much for your reviw on the TA and for your visits to the Café Colore! I appreciate the fact that you returned back and enjoyed your evening with us! In addition I would like to explain the matter with the juice, we generaly serve 2 dcl and it is sqeezed from fresh fruits from the bar. We do not use ice during the winter time but we would be happy to add as much as requested. So next time! :-)
Once more thanks for visiting!
Martin novak