“Excellent Guide”

$19.00*
Prague Old Town and Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
Ranked #56 of 513 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: MCGEE'S GHOST TOURS OF PRAGUE focuses on evening entertainment - ghost walks and walking tours to Prague's famous sites without the hassle of crowds and queues. Tours aim to entertain as well as inform, and are suitable for both individuals and groups. Since the tours run in the evening, they can easily be combined with our customer's daytime activities in the city. McGee's tours offer a unique and different atmosphere to daytime tours. The company was also featured on LivingTV's 'Most Haunted Live', 'Ghost Hunters International' and 'Dejay TV'.
“Excellent Guide”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Our Guide Renata was perfect (great and usefull comments). I am French but her English was clear enough.

I fully recommend.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Zagreb, Croatia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Czech Ghosts Portuguese way - don't miss it!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

For all of you travel enthusiasts out there and especially for the ones a bit weary of conventional attractions, the ghost tour is to be recommended. I can't really say how much of what we heard was actually based on real events from Prague's history (although some of it probably was), but the tour was very informative, a bit scary and, above all, lots of fun. Our guide Emanuel, although being from Portugal, managed to capture the spirit of old Prague. And even though the pure facts are interested enough, I think what makes this tour great is the way Emanuel guides it. He's not only professional, but you can sense he's also enjoying himself... and that's (among other things) what makes a good guide. We did another tour with him (Underground Walk) and it was equally great. So, if you decide to do one of McGee's tours, make sure you ask for Emanuel. You won't regret it...

1 Thank Andreja628
San Jose, Costa Rica
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Hurried Ghost Tour”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This sounds like a great tour and for the most part it was. I didn't however like being rushed. We nearly lost our guide on one occasion. And the underground was even more rushed. I know it's a scary place but he needs to allow people to take photos. I wanted to take in the moment a little and it just felt rushed. The other thing I didn't like was that he would say that he couldn't talk about this or that but would talk about it outside, he never did. Of course, we forgot what those things were but he needs to either write things down or make better mental notes of what he's going to tell us later.

The other thing I didn't like was that our guide seemed a little prejudice against Russians. He kept saying, "Come closer. I don't want to offend the Russians." and "Wow! There are a lot of Russians out tonight." Well, my great grandfather was Russian, and even though I wasn't offended, I felt very uncomfortable.

During the tour there were hints dropped about being tipped and how one person didn't tip him and how much money teachers make and how they live off of second jobs in Prague. Was this really necessary? I wanted to know more about Prague and it's history not about tipping and other such nonsense. Tipping should only be brought up either when paying for the tour and/or just a polite reminder after.

On the up side, there was some good information and we did see some great places. I'll probably take another tour with this company but not with this senior guide.

1 Thank Yep2Happy
“Nice tour and pretty knowledgeable guide. Visited 16/1”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

So my girlfriend and I had an evening in Prague to spend, and we've chosen this tour. We had very international group - Australians, English, Spanish, Asians from Wales (wow) and we, Russian couple, were there. This was gonna be interesting experience even before we started.
First we saw our guide, he introduced himself and asked, where we are from. Guide, David, costumed man from New Jersey, started speaking Russian right after we said our nationality. I was afraid of this tour, because I'm 18-yr old Russian, so my English isn't perfect. And yeah, David was speaking fast, but I've understood almost everything. We paid 22 Euro for both of us since we are students+100kc for each other to add dungeon entering.
Tour was very interesting. I've discovered tons of new information. Actually, it'd be unreal without our perfect guide. He has showed himself as knowledgeable, very artistic, humourous enough and great story-teller. He had given us some tips about time spending in Prague and perfectly led us during the excursion. Awesome guide, awesome tour. Do not forget to add extra 100kc for dungeon, totally worth it.

Dear Mc'Agee, say "privet" to David from tall guy from Pionerskaya, Saint-Petersburg. He is brilliant.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A must do tour”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had a fantastic tour turned out we were the only ones to take it on this night so what you would call a private tour our guide emmanual was very knowkedgable and good fun "Dont forget the new material emmanuel"