Andel Apartments
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Angel(Prague)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I feel like I am quite good at choosing accommodation and generally spend a bit of time researching before booking a place. Unfortunately I really failed with this one!

My partner and I absolutely loved Prague but this place was so terrible to stay in it really put a dampener on the nights we were there. It is quite a walk up a hill to get to and probably about a 8-10 minute walk from the metro. The service was not overly helpful or welcoming throughout our stay, and we were made to pay as soon as we arrived without seeing the rooms - perhaps cause when we saw them we would refuse to pay!

We had booked a double room, but were given twin beds pushed together - ok, that happens a lot but these beds were of different heights! Mattresses were also of different (although both quite poor) quality, in fact the whole place was furnished cheaply and with no taste. The colouring of the rooms was terrible, with the walls being a bright yellow - not great for going to sleep! The worst bit was there were two street lights right outside the window and the curtains were really thin. It meant that the room was really bright all night and we had an awful sleep both nights we were there. The room was only serviced once during our 2 night stay which was disappointing. The bathroom was clean but the shower pressure was different on each morning - from a trickle to normal temperature.

Breakfast is ok and I did like that the atmosphere was casual - in that guests can just help themselves to knives, forks, plates, glasses etc whenever - we used some to have a picnic in our room one night!

I picked this place because it was within budget and apparently good for transport links - however I WISH I had spent a little more and stayed somewhere better. Would have made our Prague stay so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katie W
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Clean and fairly convenient to the public transport network are plus points for the place. The service and attention to detail fell below par. We stayed for four nights. Breakfast coffee granules ran out on day two and were not replaced during the stay. It would have been nice to breakfast in the sunshine of the hotel's garden, but nobody thought to dry off the furnishings after the night's rain. On our final day, I wanted to establish which room one of my party was in to ensure he was up in time to catch the early flight. Alas the night receptionist could not be woken from his slumbers, asleep on the reception couch.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JonathanCook44
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have just returned from this hotel. It's not the one 50 metres from the metro - its a 5 minute walk (not bad though).
Not a great hotel though. Good points were a breakfast that was sufficient, and the price. Not so good :
No safe in room
thin curtains allowing light from streetlight in
No towel change in 4 days (only one towel provided + a floor towel)
Very very noisy road with traffic all night (both up and down the road)

The Andel area was good - this hotel was not. I would not stay here again due to the road noise.

Room Tip: all face the road so tricky to assist
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank skr80
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed with my girlfriend in May 2011 and we werw very happy. Our one bed apartment was on the first floor. Clean and comfortable. The hotel is located close to metro station and trams. Close to many restaurants and shopping centre. Just a litle bit to hill. Good base to explore the Prague. I would recomend this hotel for couples as well for famillies.

Room Tip: be carefull in the bathroom. slippery floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed with my husband in February 2011 and enjoyed the freedom that we had. It was clean and relatively quiet during the night. During the day we were out - meeting friends and family - so the ongoing renovation did not bother us. We stayed in a renovated studio. Kitchenette facilities were basic - induction plate for cooking, microwave, water boiler, sink and utensils and cutlery. The lady was very friendly, waited for us longer on the day of arrival (as we had a late flight). There are shops and supermarkets in the proximity of the accommodation and also trams and metro stops. Off centre location makes up with close transport network. Price was OK for Prague. I would recommend this for those who do not seek luxury but independence. If I go back to Prague and need to arrange accommodation I would definitely check this one for availability.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple