“Nice staff and good food”
Review of El Pueblo Mexicana

El Pueblo Mexicana
Ranked #1,761 of 5,470 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice staff and good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Prague is honored to have a place like this where they serve massive plates of mexican/texas food. All honor to the staff who enjoyed our stay and the enviroment who made the experience even better. Even though the Carpaccio is an italian dish they served it in they're own exciting and mexican way. I recommend the quesadilla as a main course.

Try it!!

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Danger. Stay away”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have written only a few of these reviews on Trip Advisor and always try to be positive, however last week we are at this restaurant and there hasn't anything remotely near positive I can say.
Both me and my wife were totally disgusted with the service and the meal. We were quite amused when they seemed to be upset that we hadn't left a tip but that was never going to happen.
We arrived just after 8.30pm and initially I thought it looked a decent place to eat in. We asked for a 'non smoking' area and were pointed to the downstairs basement which was simply wooden basic tables and chairs, no frills at all. There was six to eight others in at the time so the atmosphere wasn't that good.
We were served by our waitress who seemed a nice girl but didn't seem to know what time of day it was. She wasn't able to make any recommendations. We were going to order a Mexican meal but she gave us no confidence in that so we settled on nachos as a starter and steak with BBQ sauce along with roasted potatoes. The waitress explained the roast potatoes were sliced and came with a sauce so that sounded quite nice.

When the meal arrived the roast potatoes were actually baked potatoes, two of them each and both equally burnt. They were cold and really horrible. The steaks weren't that much better and they had put a dollop of cold BBQ sauce over the the top which completely ruined it.

All in all a very bad experience and I would definitely warn anyone off from eating at this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice Mexican restaurant in the heart of Prague”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had a really good experience in this Mexican restaurant. They are located right in the heart of the city, on one of the streets intersecting the main shopping street named Vaclavske Namesti. The food was good and fairly quick considering we were a big table. The service was good, with friendly, English speaking personnel and the prices are reasonable for a restaurant located in the center, averaging about 350-400kc/person (13-15 eur). The whole downstairs level is for non smokers. I highly recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NEVER AGAIN, stay away!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hi all, please be aware of this restaurant. When I was coming to the restaurant there was a vomit in front of the restaurant. I said to myself ..do not worry it is the city center it happens...afterwards came something that was unbelievable. Food was nothing special, but the service was terrible! We were 15 people few of us left earlier we spend there few hours because our theater play (theater is across a street) so we stayed. As an example we have ordered special - Russian roulette - few peppers and one chilli baked - so you cannot recognize which one is the spicy one...and one of the group gets the spicy...after we have ordered the waitress come back and said to us "Do not be surprised they are not spicy at all", so we wanted to decline the order, and she announced us that is not possible...hey but we were discussing this in front of you before we ordered...so ...why are you telling us now? And the final experience was the best, when we were finished we have asked for bill and to pay our separate consumption, note: it is usual in the Czech Republic. We were told "No". We asked again because from those 12 people I knew only 3 so sorry, I want to pay my bill...waitress arrogantly announced us she is going to ask her boss. After 5 minutes she came back, ok so you can pay separately, please come one by one to me...and then she didnt want to show us the bill separately because we are not supposed to see bill of the other people:))))) oh my!!!! Then we asked for her boss. He was also arrogant and when I wanted to calm everything down and I put my hand on his shoulder "Hey lets settle this down" he started shouting at me "Do not touch me!!" oh my god what??!! There was lots of shouting from the staff at customers...Then I refused to pay anything, I did newer refused to pay before....my friend paid for everybody to get this sorted and we left. The vomit was still there in front of the restaurant 4 hours later....so you can imagine...my worse experience with a restaurant ever. Never again!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Veru P
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Decent Mexican”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Decent Mexican close to wenclesas square. We went downstairs to non smoking area, service was decent, food pretty good....excellent value

Visited May 2014