“Fantastic!”

El Pueblo Mexicana
Ranked #1,488 of 5,372 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We only visited because the restaurant is opposite our hotel so we were not expecting much, but it was absolutely fantastic! We went for a quick meal and ended up staying for hours. Top class service, gorgeous food in huge portions, all at a good price. The menu was so huge we spent ages deciding. We also had very many cocktails and as a cocktail fan I can say these were made well - delicious! I'm so glad we found this place and I would definitely go back. If I lived in Prague I would be a regular!

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Great food + cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here as we had been walking all day and it was opposite our hotel (K+K Fenix) so meant that we didn't need to walk far. We expected some nice food and drink, but it far exceeded our expectations. The food was excellent, and we also had some cocktails from the bar which were delicious. The restaurant wasn't very busy but we didn't feel like we were being rushed to leave so they could close, they were happy to remain open until closing time even though we were the only two people left in there. Be sure to check if your meal comes with sides, as some have to be ordered separately.
Really great food and good value for money.

Visited March 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“A meal with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spur of the moment decision to eat, rather than spend the whole afternoon in the bar drinking. Walked a little way up the street from the bar we'd all met at and came across El Pueblo. First place that looked remotely foody, so in we went.

Excellent menu with good English translation. Great friendly service and a nice atmosphere.

There were seven of us and all but one of us ordered just a main course. The food did take quite a while, but for a large group, with plenty to chat about and beer flowing, it wasn't really an issue.

When it arrived though, I can only speak for myself in saying it was fabulous. Massive steaks (they offer different sizes on the menu) cooked to perfection.

Veggies, potatoes etc. all need ordering separately, so if you just order steak, don't be surprised if just a steak appears on a plate in front of you.

All in all, spent about 90 mins in there and it was great and will definitely recommend and return myself when I go back to Prague.

• Visited February 2013
Lancashire
“Very Pleasing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Super food and service. Excellent value for money we just dropped in on the off chance but the restaurant was often very busy so might be worth booking.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Anniversary3037
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

If you want to eat Mexican food, this is the best place. Great food, friendly staff. The midday menu is cheap. I went there twice during my stay, recommended !