“Great restaurant!”
Review of El Emir

El Emir
Ranked #1,118 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: In our authentic Lebanese restaurant EL EMIR you have the special opportunity to taste the finest Lebanese cuisine with more than 80 items of MEZZA, a variety of fresh fish and wide range of other delicious specialities. You can enjoy food made from the most delicious ingredients prepared by professional team of chefs. We truly believe that this restaurant is more than just a tasty dining experience. It is also the atmosphere of gallant oriental design which guarantees You the unique taste of orient. EL EMIR also provides take - away and catering services as well as hiring the restaurant facilities for your parties or meetings.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After getting sick of meat and potatoes, we were craving some Mediterranean cuisine. This restaurant was a great choice and everything we ordered was delicious. The service was a bit slow, but that didn't take away from our overall experience. They're open late, which is an added bonus.

There are newer reviews for El Emir

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent Lebanese food. We were there in for 4 people and ordered a tasting menu with 14 different typical dishes. Lots of food, with different flavors and great quality. I recommend to all who enjoy this type of food.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I, another couple and our three adult children ate there the evening of 5/17/13. Waiter had bad attitude and acted like he couldn't understand English. It was irritating. The bill came to $226.00. We split the bill. They charged me $1,133.00 instead of $113.00. When I brought this to their attention they said their credit card machine was broken and couldn't cancel and re-bill the charge. I had to call my credit card company and explain what happened and implore them to decline the charge. Our friend wound up paying the entire $226.00 charge. The windup is the restaurant was able to put through the $1133.00 charge anyway and is now in dispute with my credit card company. El Emir is a dishonest, sleezy establishment with average middle eastern food. There are many fine choices in Prague, this is NOT one of them. AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT!

PragueProchazka, Owner at El Emir, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Friend,

As an owner of El Emir restaurant I am very disappointed from your review that is highly misleading. I was being informed about the situation for entire evening and I know that our employee did the maximum to fix the issue with your credit card. He directly followed the company's manual that runs our payment terminals. I am trying to understand what could possibly humiliate and disappoint you so much, however, I am sorry, I do not comprehend. With the regard to our 70 rankings on Tripadvisor we have set up and been building a good reputation and I find your evaluation as very offensive. We are an international team that offers a high standard gastronomy in Prague, we are not any thieves who would like to get rich from your credit card!
With regards,
Petr Gremlica
Gremlica@centrum.cz

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Tried the mutabbal, fatoush, and mixed grill
They served fan pita bread which was very nice
Food was good but not fantastic.... We've lived in Dubai and this wasn't as authentic as the Lebanese food we used to eat there
However it satisfied the craving we'd been having for Lebanese food!

1  Thank tjafary
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is an excellent location for Lebanese food in Prague. The food was out of this world, the Lebanese wine and Lebanese Arak was an astounding compliment to the dinner Menu. We ordered the 1000 + 1 menu and it came with wine and Arak for three of us. It was definitely lot of food. Well prepared, and presentable. We had Shisha as well and it was a great additions. The ambiance is fabulous. This place while seem to be tucked away on the shopping center, is a n a great location at the Square in Prague. Don't miss the food and ambiance at night. Highly recommended.