“Apartment fine but beware of the management company”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prague
Eclectic Apartments Prague
Ranked #494 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Ballarat, Australia
“Apartment fine but beware of the management company”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I will start by saying that this apartment is fine. Eclectic seems to be code word for mismatched furniture that the owner no longer wants in their house - but it was fine.

However, all we ever ask for is to get what we booked. And in this instance, we certainly didn`t. We didn`t actually book this apartment. We booked an apartment in the Apartment Residence Embassy building, which it seems is managed by the same company that manage the Eclectic Apartments, so we were given this one instead. The interesting thing was that the company didn`t even seem to understand that it wasn`t what we had booked. Even though I had kept in touch with them by email, and had mentioned in my emails about specific apartment we had booked. They also really didn`t care.

We were supposed to have a washing machine and a toaster, but we didn`t have either. And the company couldn`t have cared less about this. The television didn`t work and when we paid, they couldn`t even provide us with change even though we were paying in the local currency. Their promise to give us our change later went unfulfilled as the person who checked us in, wasn`t there when we checked out, so we didn`t even bother pushing the issue.

So all in all, the apartment was fine. It was nice and big and in a good location. If you are going to book it, just make sure that you know what you are getting so you don`t turn up with 10 days of dirty clothing and no where to wash them.

If you are going to book through the company that manages the Apartment Residence Embassy building (located at 12 Vlasska in Mala Strana) make sure you get confirmation that the apartment you booked is actually the one you are going to get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
web_of_Penelope, Owner at Eclectic Apartments Prague, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear "Misty3272",

your review has been mis-targeted - it should have been addressed to Apartment Residence Embassy you booked your accommodation with!
They do have their entry on TripAdvisor, I have just check it (there is a question pending there of somebody asking if to book into Apartment Residence Embassy, so your review would be much more useful there), and you probably communicated further on with them, not with the Eclectic Apartments Praha.
I do not know, why you have not got, what you booked with them, and I am very sorry both for you and for myself - my own guests are happy here, and of course I prefer happy guests! We met shortly in the house, while you were entering the apartment (I was checking, if it is o.k.), but you were accompanied by a representative of Apartment Residence Embassy, so I did not want to interfere, regarding it no good manners. I supposed he explained the situation to you and presumably you had to agree to stay here.
Nevertheless, if you had any questions, you might have considered contacting somebody in the Eclectic Apartments Praha, my business cards with all contact details being in the house, in front of the gallery, in the gallery, my website being even on the sign on the facade of the house. The Eclectic Gallery downstairs would have been of help too, open daily 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and as the name suggest, it is part of my Eclectic Empire..., downstairs in the very same house.
Plus I have been living in the house myself, together with my husband, attending our guests and meeting their needs.
The washing and drying machine is here in the house, washing powder and softener provided, for a small fee, there is clothes horse and air-filled hangers in the apartment for those preferring natural drying. The TV/satellite is normally working, there are also written instructions, if, so I do not know - if there was a storm or whatever, we would have put it in order.
So it feels like a misunderstanding or miscommunication - I was just trying to help sb. out, Vlasska 12 just three or four houses down the street, and I was sure their guests would be getting better apartment here - larger, more spacious, with views etc., in the same street and location, but I might remind myself of "good deeds to be punished". And it could have been avoided, immediately on the spot. I am sorry we have not sorted this out in Prague. To find out, how things are, would be one click.
Your main complain was having stayed somewhere else and you were disappointed by the behavior of Apartment Residence Embassy.
Consequently, I regard your complain at the Eclectic Apartments entry at TripAdvisor pages illogical and also irresponsible, because we are not to be blamed blindly, I feel personally hurt, being emotionally and personally attached to the House at the Cascade, where the Eclectic Apartments Praha are seated, and it also damages our reputation - unfairly and unjustly!
I hope your next stay in Prague will be more satisfactory. Happy journeys and happy returns home! Eva

Couples
Solo
Business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 dAys here. The apartment is at the heart of old city near the Castle. The stay was really great and even the rain couldn't spoil the stay in Prague. The view from the windows is amazing, most of the sights can be seen in any part of the day. The castle is 15 minutes walk from the apartment. The Bridge is 10 minutes walk down the hill. Because of the embassies around the place is very safe 24 hours a day.
Great thanks to Eva, she was very helpful with all the questiones if we have any. A lot of books and maps about Prague are available in apartment and can be used to save your money. WiFi is also available. The apartment with a fireplace at the top of the roof - what can be more romantic?
Next time if we are in Prague - we'll take this place for sure.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear "Tsyaotochka",

your expression "Amazing place in the heart of Prague" pleases my heart, again ! And yes, most of the places of historical and cultural interest are walking distance from here... as well as the greatest park Petrin with the Petrin "Eiffel" Tower, Kampa island and park, the river etc... And the pleasure was mine to be of some help, I am glad we solved everything smoothly. Looking forward to meeting you again one day in the future - and thank you very much for your wonderful review and 5 stars!!! Eva, Eclectic Gallery and Apartments Praha
Arborfield
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Only spend one night here but this loft space apartment is a gem in the heart of Prague. It is open floor space living with support beams cris crossing the floor. The view from the plentiful windows is brilliant and it gives the guest a good idea of where he/she is. This is very close to the Charles bridge. This is a self catering apartment with all modern amenities. Well done!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear "smituk",

"a gem in the heart of Prague"- this characterization of yours pleases my heart ! And yes, we are "in the middle of everything important", very close to the Charles Bridge, to the Prague Castle and St Vitus Cathedral, Petrin "Eiffel" Tower, Strahov Monastery etc. Emotionally, I love the bells in Lesser Town and Petrin Hill and the near river. We met only shortly, but I hope we will meet sometimes in the future again! Thank you for your wonderful review! Eva