“Excellent! ”

Ranked #80 of 6,264 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 1 (City Center)
Description: The charming and cozy Restaurant Pod Vezi - in the heart of Prague in piqturesque Lesser Town, is calmly hidden in the shadow of Charles Bridge gothic tower. The Restaurant offers wide choice of delicious meals from Czech and International cuisine together with wide range of drinks and selected wines from domestic and foreign production. Whether it is your business meeting, lunch or fine dinner in Prague, our Chef and his team are always ready to provide you with their specialties and professional service. Get your culinary experience in charming atmosphere of our historical building while enjoying our suberb location in UNESCO protected area of historical city center of Prague. Restaurant Pod Vezi opening hours: daily 12:00 – 23:00 WI-FI connection in restaurant is free of charge.
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

While being in Prague me and my girlfriend wanted to visit restaurant with traditional Czech cuisine. Among many of them we decided to visit Pod Vezi and it was a good choice.

They say that you should not leave Prague without trying veal chicks so I had those and my girlfriend had rabbit. Both choices were delicious. We had Czech Cabernet Sauvignon with it. We finished with pear brandy and pear strudel. Also very tasty.

Everything for a very reasonable price (50 EUR).

Atmosphere is very cosy and staff very friendly.

Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,719)

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

As I was visiting Prague, I tried this restaurant since it was nearby my place. Though it is nicely located (next to Charles Bridge) I have to say the service was bad. I sat on the outdoor terrace. The waiter looks like he was not in the mood. At least he recommended a nice pinot noir from Czech Republic (speciality of the house) but for the rest...And I tasted a lot of duck during this particular trip in Europe and this one was clearly below standard. The confited leg of duck marinated in garlic and thyme with duck gravy with foie gras wasn't worth the price. Too much gravy.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

We ate here while staying at the hotel. Probably our best meal in Prague. All home made in a quaint location. Great wine recommendation! If you are staying at the hotel you receive a 15% discount.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is in a perfect location right by the Charles Bridge. We ate outside as it was a gorgeous day and it was most pleasant. However, our waiter was extremely odd, to the point of being rude. We were quite uncomfortable as a result. The food itself was good, however, and it was also reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

We dined here the second day in Prague. Just at the end of Charles bridge.Great location! Good authentic Czech cuisine. The waiter was very professional and polite.